• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Best songs on today's country radio

^^^ Some of them songs that I listed actually couldn't be anymore country at least to me anyways. That song from Jana Kramer in my opinion is like an updated copy of "She's Got You" from Patsy Cline. "She Don't Love You" from Eric Paslay couldn't be anymore traditional sounding, "Country" from Mo Pitney was co-written by Bill Anderson and of course "Gentle On My Mind" is The Band Perry's ode to country legend Glen Campbell and then there is the way under rated Josh Turner, a man that you have never had to worry about going wrong with. :) :) :)

God bless you and those who are keeping authentic country music alive always!!!

Holly

I've always disliked Brantly Gilbert, but his latest song "One Hell of an Amen" is pretty darn good. For a classic country fan, I was pleased to hear that track.

At the time of the week I usually hear this station, I have this memory of hearing an announcer saying the top hits were being counted down.

Nothing this week when I checked the various stations. One had a countdown but it wasn't the one where I heard the mystery song.

Though I did hear a song on one station where it was the guy that was crazy and this was by a female vocalist. Not the song, because it was one of those songs for which you can no longer argue that a station is Hot AC rather than AC because it plays that song. The presence of a banjo was the only sign it belonged on country radio at all.

Nothing this week when I checked the various stations. One had a countdown but it wasn't the one where I heard the mystery song.

Though I did hear a song on one station where it was the guy that was crazy and this was by a female vocalist. Not the song, because it was one of those songs for which you can no longer argue that a station is Hot AC rather than AC because it plays that song. The presence of a banjo was the only sign it belonged on country radio at all.

I can't think of what that would be. I'll keep a look out for anything similar. If it was from an independent artist then it won't be easy to find. There is a song I have been looking for more than 3 years now. I have spent a considerable amount of time on it but still nothing. I can't even say for sure if it was a good song since I only heard fragments of it. The chances of me finding it now are almost zero but I will keep searching.

I can't think of the other song you mention either. Did she use the word crazy or did she just infer that he was crazy in general? Not that it really matters if you didn't like it.

SaraBeth - "Im Sick Of It" is probably the one of least "country" songs I have heard in recent memory. The fact that the song made it to #41 on the Country Breakout Chart is a bit frightening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k12Max8i6mY

Last edited:
This may be a dumb question, but has anyone here heard the new song from my most favorite singer James Otto yet? The name of it is "Somewhere Tonight" and if you do happen to hear it at any time, can you please let me know what station it is that you heard it on? Thank you so much in advance!

God bless you and James always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

This may be a dumb question, but has anyone here heard the new song from my most favorite singer James Otto yet? The name of it is "Somewhere Tonight" and if you do happen to hear it at any time, can you please let me know what station it is that you heard it on? Thank you so much in advance!

God bless you and James always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

According to Allaccess Taking Off these have played it this past week

Station
WGH-FM
WYCD-FM
KWOF-FM
KRTY-FM
WKLI-FM
WJVC-FM
WQHK-FM
WYCT-FM

I can't think of the other song you mention either. Did she use the word crazy or did she just infer that he was crazy in general? Not that it really matters if you didn't like it.
Actually, it does. l like to know what's bad.

The word crazy might not have been used.

I heard a really good song by a female vocalist and was sure I'd remember the words because she repeated them over and over.

There is a Dodge commercial where the man is singing about his girl. I think it's his Baby. It's a good country song I hope is also on radio. I can never remember to look it up but I don't do that at home.

I heard a really good song by a female vocalist and was sure I'd remember the words because she repeated them over and over.
Okay, I heard this one again. She has a pleasant style as opposed to an angry style, but she's extremely paranoid and reads her boyfriend's emails, and the word "crazy" is used many times.

^^^ You might be hearing the song named "Crazy Too" by a new act named Lucy Angel.

God bless you and them always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

There is a Dodge commercial where the man is singing about his girl. I think it's his Baby. It's a good country song I hope is also on radio. I can never remember to look it up but I don't do that at home.
"Baby Let's Ride" by Easton Corbin.

Also, I hard "Free and Easy" by Dierks Bentley last night.

^^^ The first time that I heard them guys sing, I thought that it was something new from Toby Keith.

God bless you and him and the guys always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom