• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Ben Freedman

I just saw a post on Facebook that said Ben Freedman (The Jingle Guy) had passed away. I hope this is not true. Anybody know? I know he'd been ill but was out of the hospital and looking forward to some jingle sessions. I spoke with him earlier this week. He was in good spirits and said he felt fine. I'm in shock... :(

I hadn't heard but Ben had been in failing health for awhile now. I know I had purchased some of his products and spoke with him on several occasions. I hope this isn't true.

Edit: Sadly, the news is true as stated on his JingleGuy website.

When I launched B95.5 in Albany,NY back in the early 90s, I hired Ben to do our jingles. I explained to him that my goal was to create something that ran through a listener's head when they got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and that kids would sing when they saw our van drive by in a parade. Ben really got it and delivered. He was a pleasure to work with. Sorry to hear of his untimely death.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom