• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Band Opening Yesterday

Was able to hear some Tyler FM stations yesterday here in the big city.....

KVNE/89.5
KTYL/93.1
KKTX/96.1
KNUE/101.5
KKUS104.1
KYKX/105.7
KOOI/106.5 (not surprising considering their power and height)

Was particularly glad to pick up KKUS in Grapevine full-quieting yesterday morning. Great to hear a taste of home for me.

Anyone else have some fun with the band opening? Knew it was rip for the taking when KPLX was picket-fencing when it's normally full-quieting. I know my amateur radio friends were probably having a heyday on 6M and perhaps 2M with this.

Was able to hear some Tyler FM stations yesterday here in the big city.....

KVNE/89.5
KTYL/93.1
KKTX/96.1
KNUE/101.5
KKUS104.1
KYKX/105.7
KOOI/106.5 (not surprising considering their power and height)

Was particularly glad to pick up KKUS in Grapevine full-quieting yesterday morning. Great to hear a taste of home for me.

Anyone else have some fun with the band opening? Knew it was rip for the taking when KPLX was picket-fencing when it's normally full-quieting. I know my amateur radio friends were probably having a heyday on 6M and perhaps 2M with this.

I hate that I missed this. During parts of the year, KNUE and KOOI are almost like locals for me in Valley Ranch. KKUS was pretty common for a while after KTCK 104.1 signed off, but before some of the lower power stations signed on.

I was wishing i had my 2M rig in my car when i discovered this band opening. I'm sure it was equally as impressive.

I can normally get KKUS on IH-20 until I get to Spur 557 in Terrell. Yesterday, though, was really nice being in Grapevine and listening to a full-quieting signal.

KNUE and KOOI are nice signals to catch up here. They are the two most powerful FM signals out of the Tyler area.

Looks like the Metroplex (Dallas-Fort Worth). Terrell is not far outside DFW, which is by far the nearest big city to Tyler.

I was hoping to be able to pick some new sounds, but nothing. Tuff to pick up anything east, northeast and even Gainesville. Gets tuff to pick up 95.3 The Range sometimes and the wind has to blowing just right to pick up 92.1 Hank out of Glen Rose. Nothing out west. Honestly, for what I like to listen to, the whole dial is starting to suck.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom