• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

B104 and Wink 104

Why are B104 and Wink 104 shortspaced? Are any of them directional? I notice an interference in Reading back in 2013.

According to Radio-Locator.com, neither station uses a directional antenna. They are both at typical Class B power, both on 104.1 MHz. According to Bing.com, the distance between Harrisburg and Allentown is 87 miles.

Nearby is another short-spaced pair of FM stations. WQXA York and WJZ-FM Catonsville-Baltimore. Both are on 105.7 MHz, both have typical Class B power, and are only 53 miles apart. But at least each of these stations uses a directional antenna.

Can you get 96.9 WLAN clearly in between Reading and Pottsville?
I only listen to rock so i never had it tuned in for more than a few minutes at a time, but i know it comes in good where im at in pottsville as i recorded airchecks of it for other aircheckers and i know you can pick it up in reading without a problem. Its always had a clear signal every time i flipped thru the dial on the road. So in short, yes.

I know a lot of PA stations are short spaced. Can the FCC change the rules so it's 75 miles is the rule on same frequencies and 50 miles for adjacent frequencies?

Back
Top Bottom