• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

AVFlex AVFIXUP SYNTAX?

I have a real quick question....

Working on deleting a trouble playlist file through AVFIXUP, the filename unfortunately has spaces. How do I indicate spaces in the filename window? The filename is "CTL-TUE WITH ITH SHOW", but when I run a report, it only shows a different file named "CTL-TUE" and doesn't register the real file I'm looking for because of the spaces. Thanks for the help!

Run AvFixup with Fix FS & Full Dump checked.

Open the log file.

Find the UFN number... It will say UFN=(string of digits/and letters).

Re open AvFixup.

Select Delete Files, Make Changes.

In the Names box, Paste in =(string of digits/and letters)... Not UFN, just the = sign and string with no spaces.

Click Run, Click Yes at the prompt.

If you find any other files with spaces in the log, delete them the same way.

Chris

Here is sample text...

AVFile: Name = ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS YOU-MARIAH CAREY, AVUFN = CA0400000000, Type = Audio(1)
Flags = 0045, Channels = 2
AudioFormat = 44KS

In this case, in Names, you would paste =CA0400000000

Then, check Make Changes, Delete Files, & Run.

Sgeirk said:

aaaand may God bless anyone running Audio Vault.

I will disagree with you on that. I love AudioVault. It runs like a tank and is extremely failure resilient with Flex.

This was a non typical question about getting rid of an improperly named playlist, hence the instructions. Regular operation is extremely intuitive, even to my most technically challenged jocks.

I have a couple clients running AV, pre Flex. That is also just about bulletproof in operation. There's a slight learning curve if you've never tinkered with an .ini file before, but if you've been on computers for any amount of time it's no big deal. Having the guts of the operation in an ini is also a good way to prevent others from messing up settings by clicking on something they shouldn't.

WNTIRadio said:
I have a couple clients running AV, pre Flex. That is also just about bulletproof in operation. There's a slight learning curve if you've never tinkered with an .ini file before, but if you've been on computers for any amount of time it's no big deal. Having the guts of the operation in an ini is also a good way to prevent others from messing up settings by clicking on something they shouldn't.

Indeed, the final release of 9.20 before the move to Flex is about as bug free as a program can be. They even fixed it up to run on Windows 7, if you want to stay on that version.

Chris, I have not been able to get vault 2 to run or install well on windows 7.
What fix have you used to accomplish this?

I only did it once (I was a Flex Beta site, so I migrated fast and early).

I requested the Windows 7 9.20 Build from Customer Service... They have a little pdf that outlines the installation. It went without a hitch.

The hot points were that it only works with certain Digigram cards. Using onboard sound was 'erratic' at best. UAC has to be completely disabled, you will need to use advanced sharing to share your entire C drive as C, with permission going to the user that will install and run AV. If you have UAC on in any way (or the firewall), it usually doesn't install correctly. Also, make sure you are using the build for Windows 7. The first 9.20 won't work properly.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom