• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Automated sales

Hi gang,

I'm not in sales, but I was just wondering if Google is already in the radio business in the States, or if their idea out of Canada is actually new?

I gather the idea of "automated sales" is most likely alreay active through other sources, if not google already.

Here's a link to the way Google Canada sees things: http://scottstudios.dmarc.net/news/40.html

<P ID="signature">______________
"If you never say NO, How much is your YES worth?"
</P>

Revenue Suite is up and running. The idea may be new, but I their software product is beyond anything I've ever seen before. Google executives are no slouches and they bought the company so apparently they like dMarc's technology.

> Hi gang,
>
> I'm not in sales, but I was just wondering if Google is
> already in the radio business in the States, or if their
> idea out of Canada is actually new?
>
> I gather the idea of "automated sales" is most likely alreay
> active through other sources, if not google already.
>
> Here's a link to the way Google Canada sees things:
> http://scottstudios.dmarc.net/news/40.html
> <P ID="signature">______________
SD</P>

> Revenue Suite is up and running. The idea may be new, but I
> their software product is beyond anything I've ever seen
> before. Google executives are no slouches and they bought
> the company so apparently they like dMarc's technology.

I just hope that the folks at Google significantly reduce the cost of dMarc's technology. If you're not in a rated market the price is HUGE! I think this is the one area where Google's AdSense analogy runs out in this application. AdSense would work on ANY website (with varying success and payouts) regardless if it was a free site, a cheap site, or a huge megasite sitting on its own dedicated server.

If Google starts offering the automation, voiceover and other tools much cheaper than other systems (or as close to free as they can get), they'll start signing up smaller market radio stations, and will be able to (if they want to) sell all of those non-rated stations as a HUGE block of stations covering a large portion of the nation and then be able to put advertising dollars in their own pockets while helping to support the backbone of the radio broadcasting industry... LOCAL radio serving LOCAL listeners.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom