• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

August Nielsens

Some interesting movement: 99.7 way up on Valentine death watch, 98 down 27%. But the one i'm obsessed with-who knows why, i know why i see a prime chance for a flip, 106.7 4.2 to 2.8. After long-term exhaustive research (under a minute) the 4.2 is the outlier, they were 2.2 in March. Midwest may not care, but I DO!

What would 106.7 Flip to? Classic Country. There is a whole for Soft AC, but they dont want to hurt Mix or Jack.

The station Im amazed by is 91.1. They did all that research and their GM talked about how they were going to increase listenership over the Classical format and make money. So far its been a dud.

106.7 needs to find a format that will accent and not take away from Jack and from Mix. That is tough. Mix shifted to a younger demo a few years back and it is in trouble. Bad move too quickly, but the AC format is in flux. Still no excuse and Barbara Bridges knows what to do. My guess is the small market mindset has affected her ability to keep the pedal of momentum moving.

Sadly, 91.1 will go down as the worst move in recent Radio History since 2010 and they need to regroup cause no matter what Covid may do or not have done in the venues, no one gives a damn about this funky female-drive format. If it was me, it would be a monumental firing without regret. The whole Image is tarnished. Did not have to happen. They play the wrong crap. Let’s face it. Here it is. Country is stuck in a three way cluster that is not going to change. Jack is tired and yet number one despite itself because it is all mundane and been nor shake ups in decades. No one is going to make a move. I get that, but what is acceptable about the same stations going for a 4-5 rating? It is not exciting anymore and crap like this is not long term good for RADIO. Ok, BigA. I made much of this up, so help me out with calm intensity and focus. What should happen- as if it might.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom