• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Atlanta's Morning News on WSB Celebrates 25 Years

Okay, so I was a bit harsh on "inaccuracies"

What I wrote was not an exact quote. Maybe I exaggerated what Scott said, but I didn't do it intentionally. …

And I do agree it is quite an achievement. My hackles were raised because CMG does have a tendency to over dramatize and "up play" their accomplishments. I was hoping I'd caught them in a bald-faced exaggeration. My apologies to all concerned.

WSB: "We're So Brutal"

View attachment 728

On one minor note, in speaking of WSB acronyms such as Welcome South Brother and We're So Brutal, several years ago, I was listening to The John Adams Radio Show on AM 920 The Answer WGKA. He was giving real estate advice to a caller since he is a real estate expert. In the advice he was giving, he referred to WSB by the acronym We're So Boring. John Adams was telling the caller to get help from Clark Howard. John referred to Clark Howard by his initials CH. This was not too long after both John Adams & Dr. Gene Henssler left Newstalk 1160 WCFO-AM to join WGKA. On the whole WSB acronym thing, no, I do not think WSB Radio is boring. Anyway, that is all.

When Neal Boortz was on WGST (prior to joining WSB), he referred to WSB as "We're So Boring," "We're Such Buttheads," and, when Bobby Harper and David Paul allegedly had an in-studio fistfight early one morning, "We're So Brutal."

Boortz was always good for a chuckle when he was out to gig the competition. :)

On one minor note, in speaking of WSB acronyms such as Welcome South Brother and We're So Brutal, several years ago, I was listening to The John Adams Radio Show on AM 920 The Answer WGKA. He was giving real estate advice to a caller since he is a real estate expert. In the advice he was giving, he referred to WSB by the acronym We're So Boring. John Adams was telling the caller to get help from Clark Howard. John referred to Clark Howard by his initials CH. This was not too long after both John Adams & Dr. Gene Henssler left Newstalk 1160 WCFO-AM to join WGKA. On the whole WSB acronym thing, no, I do not think WSB Radio is boring. Anyway, that is all.

Do you remember what Sean Hannity called them when he was a local talker at WGST? It was We Suck and Blither. Little did he know at that time he would be on them as a national talker.

Whatever happened to...

Ralph from Ben Hill? I thought the feuds were hilarious!

Ralph from Ben Hill? I thought the feuds were hilarious!

I believe he passed away about 10-15 years ago. I think he was supposed to make a triumphant return on WAOK but his demise got in the way.

Probably one of the most underrated talents in Atlanta radio. If he had had a longer tenure he'd be a shoo-in for the GRHOF Legacy recognition.

Do you remember the WGST promo called "We're Not Cox?" The context of the promo led you to believe they were referring to a part of the male anatomy.
Probably only male listeners picked up on it and maybe some worldly female listeners.

There was a jock named Don Cox, who worked at several major CHR stations in the 70's and 80's. On the air, he gave away lollipops, which he referred to as "Cox suckers."

Did you hear about the "little black hoes" promotion at KLOS a while back?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom