• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Arizona TV Station Update - January 2024

As always, questions, additions, comments and corrections welcome.

New Licenses
  • K24KS-D 15.x Flagstaff (Scripps Broadcasting Holdings LLC) has requested a license to cover its move to a different tower in the same antenna farm. Technical specifications: Ch 24; TL 35° 14' 25" N, 111° 35' 52" W (Mt. Elden); ERP 0.824 kW HP; HAAT 621 m / 2037 ft.
Programming Changes
  • KVOA 4.x (23) Tucson (Tucson TV License Company LLC) has replaced Dabl on channel 4.5 with This TV. The change is also seen on translators K04QP-D Casas Adobes and K28OY-D Sierra Vista.
  • KOLD 13.x (13/32) Tucson (Gray Television Licensee LLC) placed AZ Family Sports on channel 13.3, and Outlaw on channel 13.5. Last month's report had Outlaw simply replacing Circle on channel 13.3.
  • KTTU 18.x (19) Tucson (KTTU-TV Inc) replaced This TV on channel 18.2 with True Crime Network, and Twist on channel 18.7 with Quest. Last month's report had True Crime Network replacing Twist on channel 18.2.
  • KINC 15.x (16) Las Vegas NV (Entravision Holdings LLC) replaced Twist on channel 15.3 with The Nest, according to Titan TV.
  • K36NE-D 43.x Las Vegas NV (HC2 Station Group Inc) replaced Twist on channel 43.3 with Law and Crime, according to the HC2 website.
Transactions
  • 2 Bits Family Trust, which holds controlling interest of Tri-State Broadcasting LLC, licensee of KKAX-LD 36.x Kingman and K23BJ-D Lake Havasu City, has been granted an involuntary transfer of control. Trisha K. Hart is sole trustee of 2 Bits Family Trust.
Construction permits, Tolling and STAs requested
  • K19LV-D 9.x St. George UT (Utah Board of Higher Education) has requested a power increase from its current 0.7 kW. Technical specifications: Ch 19; TL 37° 3' 50" N, 113° 34' 23" W (Webb Hill); ERP 1.6 kW HP 1.75° EBT; HAAT 82 m / 269 ft.
Expired, Expiring, Canceled or Dismissed
  • The construction permits of the following stations have expired without a license to cover being filed:
    • KPDF-CD 41.x (22) Phoenix (HC2 Station Group LLC)
    • KNBX-CD 31.x (14) Las Vegas NV (HC2 Station Group LLC)
    • KHDF-CD 19.x Las Vegas NV (HC2 Station Group LLC)
    • K36NE-D 43.x Las Vegas NV (HC2 Station Group LLC)
License Renewals

The following licenses have been renewed through October 1, 2030:
  • KNXV-TV 15.x Phoenix (Scripps Broadcasting Holdings LLC)
  • K19KV-D 15.x Prescott (Scripps Broadcasting Holdings LLC)
  • K24KS-D 15.x Flagstaff (Scripps Broadcasting Holdings LLC)
  • K30LL-D 15.x Kingman (Scripps Broadcasting Holdings LLC)
  • K33NZ-D 15.x Cottonwood (Scripps Broadcasting Holdings LLC)
  • K34EE-D 15.x Prescott-Cottonwood (Scripps Broadcasting Holdings LLC)

Key

AGL - above ground level
CP - circular polarization
DA - directional antenna
DTS - distributed transmission system
EBT - electrical beam tilt
EP - elliptical polarization
HAAT - height above average terrain
HP - horizontal polarization
MBT - mechanical beam tilt
STA - Special Temporary Authorization
TL - transmitter location

Construction Permits, Tolling and STAs Granted
  • K19LV-D 9.x St. George UT (Utah Board of Higher Education) was granted a power increase from its current 0.7 kW. Technical specifications: Ch 19; TL 37° 3' 50" N, 113° 34' 23" W (Webb Hill); ERP 1.6 kW HP 1.75° EBT; HAAT 82 m / 269 ft.

A few programming changes I noticed you missed.
Programming Changes
  • KFPB-LD 31.x (30) Gila River Indian Co. (Globe LPTV LLC) has replaced rescan slide on 31.5 with The Family Channel. Also, they replaced NV on 31.8 with Telemax.
  • KDVD-LD 50.x (25) Globe (Globe LPTV LLC) has replaced NV on 50.1 with non-stop commercials in English and Spanish. I just saw a commercial for Palm Springs Kia, so I guessing this channel is based out of California. Also, they replaced The Family Channel on 50.3 with rescan slide.

They must have just done that, because I scanned the day before I posted. Thanks for the updates!

A few programming changes I noticed you missed.
Programming Changes
  • KFPB-LD 31.x (30) Gila River Indian Co. (Globe LPTV LLC) has replaced rescan slide on 31.5 with The Family Channel. Also, they replaced NV on 31.8 with Telemax.
  • KDVD-LD 50.x (25) Globe (Globe LPTV LLC) has replaced NV on 50.1 with non-stop commercials in English and Spanish. I just saw a commercial for Palm Springs Kia, so I guessing this channel is based out of California. Also, they replaced The Family Channel on 50.3 with rescan slide.
Just check through all the channels again and it looks like NV is back on 31.8 and 50.1 again. Also NewsMax2 is now on 50.3.

Also I noticed 21.2 now has a graphic saying Merit Street coming soon.

Merit Street Media (Dr. Phil's channel) launches on Feb. 26. KPAZ moved Inspire to 21.3 and Smile to 21.4, and dropped Enlace, their Spanish-language network. I also have word from a reliable source that KPNX will have new programming by the end of month, presumably to replace one of the duplicate streams of True Crime Network.

As for Globe LPTV, owners of channels 31 and 50, they change their channel lineups more often than some of y'all change your underwear. I think Newsmax was on channel 31.6 for what? 30 minutes, before it went to a frozen screen, then they took it off there altogether? Now it's on 50.3 - should we start a betting pool for how long it will last before they yank it?

And...The Nest has made its debut on KPNX 12.5. It was supposed to launch on KTTU Tucson as well.

Back
Top Bottom