• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Are Internet radio stations looking at ROKU IPTV?

Are any Internet delivered radio stations looking at the ROKU device as a way of increasing their reach and visibility? I've seen TuneIn.com and Pandora on there but was wondering if internet radio say any value in IPTV delivery. Kind of like the Music Choice tiers on cable tv.

I am sure TuneIn & Pandora have worked some kind of exclusivity into their agreement with ROKU and Independents wouldn't have a hope in hell of being added to their roster.... But I would have a whole lot fewer sleepless nights if RDSN had our stations on there... ;D

Actually, I'm seeing more and more independant radio stations showing up in the ROKU channel store. It's not the monopoly you think it is. We can help you.

I haven't plugged my Roku box in for awhile. Are the CBS radio stations back on, via TuneIn or otherwise?

llewow said:
Actually, I'm seeing more and more independant radio stations showing up in the ROKU channel store. It's not the monopoly you think it is. We can help you.

So how do you get your station listed in the Roku channel store?

I work with a company that creates the ROKU APP, provides the data transfer and works with ROKU to get it approved. Send me your contact info at [email protected] and I can get in touch with you.

llewow said:
The CBS stations are off Tunein last I saw.

Only the spoken word CBS stations have been reinstated.

Shoutcast and TuneIn are both listed on Roku. As long as your station is Mp3 you'll get an audience from Roku since it does not support AAC+. Since TuneIn is on Roku I've gotten plenty of Roku listeners from Shoutcast and TuneIn as The Legacy is listed in the TuneIn directory. Heck even Live365 is now listed on Roku so that those stations actually may get some listeners outside of the Live365 web site.

Hope this all helps.

I'm assuming LoudCity's stations are available on Roku, as well...

Any station listed on TuneIn or Shoutcast or Both can be accessed on Roku so long as they are broadcasting in Mp3 format. TuneIn lately has achieved a larger audience without all the auto bot streamrippers.

So I'm curious. When a 3rd party like TuneIN or another company picks up a stream and makes it available, how does that affect the legal tracking of listeners to the station that's putting the signal out to the world through their own or hired servers? Does a "piggyback" carrier also show up in the tracking of listeners? I'd love to have ROKU, but we chose a non-compatible better format as discussed earlier, but want to remain legal!

Our Stations are listed on Tune In and are available on the Roku Platform via their Roku Channel. When someone tunes in via their Roku Box, our Streaming Server sees the person and another Session is registered and that counts towards our Total Listening Hours. Since it is your own Server they are Listening off from, there shouldn't be any Licensing issues.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom