• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Apple iPhone 15 Coming

I’ve started to wonder if Apple hasn’t fallen into a bit of a trap with the yearly iPhone release cycle. I realize they need to hype sales, but it seems improvements are becoming increasingly trivial. The inevitable barrage of “Should you buy this year or wait until next year” articles seem to support this. Other Apple products tend to be on a two or three year update schedule.

Also curious if the naming convention might be changed in the near future, as all the numbers are becoming a blur. I don’t see people getting excited over an iPhone 19, iPhone 28 or iPhone 37.🥱. Maybe they could launch an ”iPhone 9” as a budget “faux retro” offering🤪as that number was originally skipped.🤣

My wife and I love our iPhones and iPads, but we use them for a long time until the particular models no longer receive any sort of software support.

I had major issues with my first iPhone and switched to a Samsung Galaxie. I never looked back. Much more bang for the buck, in my opinion.

After 4 years using my current iPhone and knowing it's not expected to be supported after Sept. '24, I did the same Walmart Black Friday deal this year that I spoke about above. I got an iPhone 14 which was last years' newest model at a discounted rate + they threw in a $350 Walmart gift card which I consider the same as cash. I backed up my existing phone, brought home the new 14, restored the backup onto it so it has all my photos, contacts, history, apps and preferences, and I got $180 for my existing phone using an internet site that deals with used phones that I've dealt with in the past and trust - So I've basically got last years' newest model in hand and ready to go for a little over $200 out of pocket. As others mentioned above I am tied to a specific carrier (AT&T in my case), but considering most everyone I know who's with Verizon or T-Mobile in my area has really crappy and spotty service by comparison, especially downtown, and I don't have any plans to change from AT&T anytime soon. It also helps that my employer subsidizes a bit of my cell plan, too.

After 4 years using my current iPhone and knowing it's not expected to be supported after Sept. '24, I did the same Walmart Black Friday deal this year that I spoke about above. I got an iPhone 14 which was last years' newest model at a discounted rate + they threw in a $350 Walmart gift card which I consider the same as cash. I backed up my existing phone, brought home the new 14, restored the backup onto it so it has all my photos, contacts, history, apps and preferences, and I got $180 for my existing phone using an internet site that deals with used phones that I've dealt with in the past and trust - So I've basically got last years' newest model in hand and ready to go for a little over $200 out of pocket. As others mentioned above I am tied to a specific carrier (AT&T in my case), but considering most everyone I know who's with Verizon or T-Mobile in my area has really crappy and spotty service by comparison, especially downtown, and I don't have any plans to change from AT&T anytime soon. It also helps that my employer subsidizes a bit of my cell plan, too.
Interesting and valuable. On Tuesday, my wife is going to get me my new iPhone at the Apple store, get my older one's data transferred, and trade in my old one. Thanks for the detailed review (I can't leave home to get it myself as I got the "long Covid" and am staying confined and my wife likes the service at the Apple store even if it is a bit more costly).

I'm going from the small basic screen Apple 12 to the big HD screen in the new one, so this is my Christmas, Birthday and 'get well quick' present.

Back
Top Bottom