• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Any updates on Channel 53 in Galesburg?

Based upon the old spread on tv channels, shouldn't Peoria have received channel 53 while QC should get 54?
ch 47+6=53+6=59, while QC should be 18+6=24+6=30+6=36+6=42+6=48+6=54
I know in this bizarre digital age with channels right next to each other or too close together or with virtual numbers but tx on a whole different channel the whole logical allocation system has been wrecked, but still...I just wanna be picky. Any (hopefully nice) thoughts on this? ;D

WMWC filed to cover their permit, is anyone seeing it on the air?

- Trip

Jeff Kadet in Macomb confirms WMWC is on the air & carrying TBN. But just the main channel. (not the five channels WWTO and most other TBN stations run)

The ownership report filed with the FCC on Monday doesn't indicate TBN ownership -- but it was signed by someone with a TBN.ORG email address..

Given the length of time it took WMWC to get on air, I was surprised to see that the FCC has already granted the station a license. It's not unheard of for stations to broadcast on temporary program authority for years before a license is granted.

They've been fairly fast with licenses lately. I note WIWN-5 in Milwaukee has been licensed as well -- they signed on (from a new location) about the same time WMWC did.

It's slow when there's *any* kind of controversy. One local non-commercial FM has had its renewal pending since March and a license transfer pending for six weeks because a local group doesn't want the licensee to sell it. Obviously it *will* be renewed and the transfer *will* be approved, but once something lands in the "pending solution of controversy" pile it doesn't seem to get pulled back off...

Pending FCC approval, WMWC is now about to become an O&O. Northwest Television has applied for permission to transfer the station's license to TBN.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom