• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Any more news on KTRB's move to San Francisco?

Floyd

Inactive
Inactive User
It was 3 years ago when I first heard about KTRB's planned move to San Francisco. Why haven't they moved yet? Have they built their transmitter towers yet?Does anyone know the latest on KTRB's move to San Francisco?

> It was 3 years ago when I first heard about KTRB's planned
> move to San Francisco. Why haven't they moved yet? Have they
> built their transmitter towers yet?Does anyone know the
> latest on KTRB's move to San Francisco?
>
Frankly I doubt they'll coming with 106.9 firing up soon.

> Frankly I doubt they'll coming with 106.9 firing up soon.

What, Pappas will abandon their quest to build 860 in SF because an FM station is adopting a talk format? "That's it, Infinity will eat our lunch, we go home, we stop it, throw away anything we've done on it, turn in the CP"?

No, the two situations aren't connected. KTRB/860 gets built whenever Pappas comes up with the resources and time to do it. It has nothing to do with 106.9 FM's impending format change to talk.

Besides, it's widely expected that 106.9 under Infinity will be a younger-skewing "hot talk" station, which would likely not be anything CLOSE to whatever Pappas plans for 860.

Now, whether Pappas finally follows through with this or not depends on what THEY do, not on what Infinity does with an unrelated FM station. For the record, I've heard no indication that they're building out that Delta facility for 860 yet.

-OA<P ID="signature">______________
Ohio Media Watch - <a target="_blank" href=http://ohiomedia.blogspot.com>http://ohiomedia.blogspot.com</a></P>

They are still planning the move to be complete by August next year, if I remember correctly. I spoke with Mr. Pappas about 6 weeks ago and the plan is still on radar to happen. As a matter of fact they've already hired the OM who will oversee the station.

Re: KTRB Public Notice In Monday's CoCoTimes

Floyd wrote:

> It was 3 years ago when I first heard about KTRB's planned
> move to San Francisco. Why haven't they moved yet? Have they
> built their transmitter towers yet? Does anyone know the
> latest on KTRB's move to San Francisco?

Oddly enough, Pappas ran a public notice in Monday morning's editions of the Contra Costa Times:

http://www.bayarearadio.org/blog/2005/09/ktrb-serves-notice-on-move-to-bay-area.html

DJ

It would be great if KTRB would pick up Tony Bruno's show. I miss him on in San Fran and don't understand why Susquehanna hasn't put his show on 1050. What does the simulcast of Murphy and Liotta accomplish?

> > Frankly I doubt they'll coming with 106.9 firing up soon.
>
> What, Pappas will abandon their quest to build 860 in SF
> because an FM station is adopting a talk format? "That's
> it, Infinity will eat our lunch, we go home, we stop it,
> throw away anything we've done on it, turn in the CP"?
>
> No, the two situations aren't connected. KTRB/860 gets
> built whenever Pappas comes up with the resources and time
> to do it. It has nothing to do with 106.9 FM's impending
> format change to talk.
>
> Besides, it's widely expected that 106.9 under Infinity will
> be a younger-skewing "hot talk" station, which would likely
> not be anything CLOSE to whatever Pappas plans for 860.
>
> Now, whether Pappas finally follows through with this or not
> depends on what THEY do, not on what Infinity does with an
> unrelated FM station. For the record, I've heard no
> indication that they're building out that Delta facility for
> 860 yet.
>
> -OA
>

> They are still planning the move to be complete by August
> next year, if I remember correctly. I spoke with Mr. Pappas
> about 6 weeks ago and the plan is still on radar to happen.
> As a matter of fact they've already hired the OM who will
> oversee the station.
>
They published a public notice in today's Contra Costa Times. Here are a couple key provisions:

"The radio towers would be powered by two diesel generators 24-hours a day that would be located on the 4,500-sq ft concrete pad described above. A back up generator would also be located on the project site to supply electricity in the event of a power outage."

"PROJECT LOCATION: The project site is located in south-central Alameda County, approximately four miles east of the Interstate 680/State Route 84 interchange and two miles east of the San Antonio Reservoir in the eastern end of the La Costa Valley. The site is located on private property and is situated to the north and east of the Alameda Watershed owned by the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission (SFPUC). Access to the project area occurs only through SFPUC land and is allowed only by the property owner
through an access easement."

"The transmitter facility described here is for KTRB's nighttime signal; the daytime signal would be broadcast from another facility in the Northbay near Novato. The FCC construction permit for the new Bay Area-based KTRB is set to expire in 2006, and is reportedly non-renewable." Courtesy David F. Jackson.

SFStatic wrote:

> "The transmitter facility described here is for KTRB's
> nighttime signal; the daytime signal would be broadcast from
> another facility in the Northbay near Novato. The FCC
> construction permit for the new Bay Area-based KTRB is set
> to expire in 2006, and is reportedly non-renewable."
> Courtesy David F. Jackson.

...Thanks, Static. You just quoted my own post from up above in this thread.

DJ (a/k/a David F. Jackson)
<P ID="signature">______________
<center>
Bay Area Radio Museum | Bay Area Radio Digest
</center></P>

> SFStatic wrote:
>
> > "The transmitter facility described here is for KTRB's
> > nighttime signal; the daytime signal would be broadcast
> from
> > another facility in the Northbay near Novato. The FCC
> > construction permit for the new Bay Area-based KTRB is set
>
> > to expire in 2006, and is reportedly non-renewable."
> > Courtesy David F. Jackson.
>
> ...Thanks, Static. You just quoted my own post from up above
> in this thread.
>
> DJ (a/k/a David F. Jackson)
>
Sorry. I kind of jumped in down the thread on this one!

> Sorry. I kind of jumped in down the thread on this one!

Word to the wise ... read the whole thread before posting. Prevents situations like these.<P ID="signature">______________

</P>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom