• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Anthony Cumia, formerly of O&A arrested for domestic violence

Opie and Anthony are both a couple of jerks! I've always hated their show! Especially when they pulled those stupid stunts!

Sorry for the O/T swerve, but I'm curious.

When people re-subscribe to Satellite, are they asked for their choices in any way?

You see some complaints from former listeners about a channel or two being dropped. It's understandable, since they're paying a periodical fee. But how frequently -- if at all -- do subscribers get to be involved in feedback?

Sorry for the O/T swerve, but I'm curious.

When people re-subscribe to Satellite, are they asked for their choices in any way?

You see some complaints from former listeners about a channel or two being dropped. It's understandable, since they're paying a periodical fee. But how frequently -- if at all -- do subscribers get to be involved in feedback?

SiriusXM sends out occasional email blasts to random groups of subscribers asking their preferences on certain aspects of programming: for instance, "Which of these channels have you listened to in the past month?" and then it will list all the sports channels or all the news channels. The second part of the survey almost always involves questions asked on behalf of an advertiser. "Have you heard this ad on SiriusXM?" and then you play a snippet and check yes or know. My suspicion is that the listener channel preference questions are window dressing and the advertiser is driving the poll.

I just laugh...as a former O&A listener, the last year or so of stuff that has gone on between Opie, Anthony, and Jim Norton is a hoot.

Kinda like a trainwreck....ya can't help but watch the whole thing just smash into little bits and injure everyone involved. Sad? Sure...But not surprising. O&A prided themselves in being the "anti-DJs" by showing how many of these jocks simply 'phoned it in' daily by recycling bits along with the swarmy lives they lead off the mic.

Fast forward to 2015: Opie is clearly phoning it in. Jim is now only there for the money until October, so he's phoning it in now. Anthony has gone further off the deep end and has exposed his swarmy off-air life. That is, assuming you didn't think his racist rants over the past two years weren't swarmy enough.

The million-dollar question I have is if Anthony's well-known gun collection has or will be confiscated from him? NY has pretty strict gun laws, and I do know being convicted of a D.V. crime in many places will get them permanently confiscated by the lawmen pretty darned quick.

Radio-X

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom