• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Annoying Commercial

Is it just me or are those VanDevere commercials getting more annoying? For some reason, I can't tolerate them anymore. And those Big Nissan commercials are also starting to get on my nerves.

Is it just me or are those VanDevere commercials getting more annoying? For some reason, I can't tolerate them anymore. And those Big Nissan commercials are also starting to get on my nerves.
I'm partial to the Ken Ganley Kia ads...couple of things I like about them, but I can't quite put my finger on it

Makes me wonder how many customers stop by their dealerships with those annoying commercials. I'm guessing they chase away more potential customers then they attract. All of these mentioned dealerships are known for producing annoying commercials.

Add Kia of Bedford to the list as well. I can't stand that annoying KOB jingle, which gets played every commercial break during WMJI's morning show. Halleen Kia is another one, which I haven't seen as of late, but would use kids in their ads telling you that "They don't cost a lot of money, so buy one!" Those kids probably have just enough money to buy a lug nut, which probably sells for an outrageous $20 nowadays, maybe even more, and they most likely don't know the true value of a vehicle.

Outside of dealerships, those Bob's Furniture commercials with that creepy @$$ Bob puppet is pure nightmare fuel. Not sure why Bob himself can't appear in person instead of that thing.

Commercials from tech companies are getting annoying as well, for reasons I won't get into. (Music)

And those freaking Lume/Mando commericals which are pretty much the sponsor for The Catch Comdey Binge! EVERY SINGLE COMMERCIAL BREAK! Not to say that I've seen worse body product commercials on streaming platforms.

The goal of advertising is to create impressions. That's what they're buying. That's the reason for ad repetition. To create impressions. Whether those impressions are good or bad is irrelevant. They want you to know the name of their brand. The fact that you're talking about it here demonstrates it's success.

This isn't a new thing either. You can think back in time to the first commercials you can remember. I bet they were also annoying.

Outside of dealerships, those Bob's Furniture commercials with that creepy @$$ Bob puppet is pure nightmare fuel. Not sure why Bob himself can't appear in person instead of that thing.
I think the same agency does the Empire Carpet commercials, they started using a cartoon in those just before the original spokesman died:

Correction, it's the Wendy's commercial. Apparently not a successful ad since I didn't remember who it was.
Would that have been the "Herb" ads of the mid-1980's? By the time Burger King made him public, everyone lost interest in the ad campaign.

Early 1990's Burger King had someone who didn't last long either (Kind of a 'punk type' person). I steered clear of Burger King in those days as I couldn't stand those ads. Wendy's current "crew" commercials aren't really memorable or a draw either.

As far as Car commercials. I can't remember the last that would really want me to visit those dealerships. Del Spitzer, Ed Stinn or maybe, Charlie Miller. Nothing over the last several decades (Maybe they could just sell the cars cheaper? :rolleyes: )

Last edited:
Correction, it's the Wendy's commercial. Apparently not a successful ad since I didn't remember who it was.
Can't remember a "nerdy guy" with Wendy's. They did have a somewhat nerdy guy asking key service questions but not getting the answers he or we expected. (IE: "Rather have a fresh or cold hamburger?". 'Cold... as it reminds me of my mom's cooking'...Then the responder went on with a "Mom didn't know how to cook" type response of one-liners... )

Days of our lives: Tom Field, your Sohio reporter, Joe Finan the Texaco Weatherman, Cotton Club Less Sweet Ginger Ale, John Fitzgerald and Blatz Beer and Yohoo Mabel Black Label sports reports.
I don't see Blatz anymore, but do see Carling in Canada. Cotton Club used to have a bottling plant in Cleveland. The brand is still made in Columbus but the only store where I see it up here is at a Discount Drug Mart.

Back
Top Bottom