• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

"...and today"

With so many radio stations playing music from the 80's 90's and today, or in some cases just the "90's and now"
What will those stations say in 3 years time when 2010 comes to be?

I mean, what will they refer to themselves as?

Yeziknoradio said:
I mean, what will they refer to themselves as?

"The 80's, 90's, Zeros and Today." What else could it be? Some oldtimers report the the decade of 1910 was called"the oughts", but do you really think THAT will work?

And then, what is the music of 2010 through 2012? It will be too early for "the teens" and too late for "the zeros".

Why I Ought To...

Are we really so lacking in creativity that this is a problem?

How about "Music from THIS millennium", or "Music from the 90's, and THIS millennium"

"Welcome to the New Skool"

"The Music You Grew Up With"

Blah, blah, blah...

Bob FM and some others out there have the right idea. "80's 90's and what ever..."

I believe that *might* work, but I just realized (at least 12 hours after starting this thread) that "The music of four decades" could also work. (or 5 decades, where applicable)

Then I also remembered this ad:
http://www.iqtv.com/videos/wwde_06088.wmv

I like it!
It can be adjusted to have 70's or not have 70's, "New Millennium" or even "now" as part of the fourth or fifth decade...

However, if *any* station goes with "New Millennium" along with new music,
I trust they'll say "&now" instead of "Today".
It just seems to roll off the tongue better. (on my opinion, respectfully)

I'm all ears for any other ideas if anyone has any...

I believe the phrase you'll hear most often... or at least the one I'd be most likely to use is... "The 80s and Beyond".

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom