• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

An Interesting Day On The SW Dials In Alaska

WELLLLL.. it's been a VERY interesting day on Shortwave radio so far!

I heard World Music Radio on 15700khz from Denmark at 2002UTC playing a spanish merengue type song followed by a station jingle then a slower more laid back yet not a ballad type spanish song. Station is licensed for 2KW beaming at 180 degrees azimuth but only runs 300 watts! SINPO was 45344.

Then I had VOA Afrique with hit music on 9470khz via Botswana at 2024UTC, they switch to Hausa at 2030UTC also on 9470khz via Sao Tome & Principe. Well, STP signed on 2 minutes early with the french transmission still playing music and STP fired off the "This is the Voice Of America, Washington DC signing on" followed by Yankee Doodle.

Great logging of the EU low power SW stn. I've never heard one of those.

Botswana is fun to hear. I catch the VOA's broadcasts to Africa in Hausa now and then. Also rare catches of the VOA to Zimbabwe in apparently more than one language. That's also out of Botswana, also some time in afternoon or early evening Pacific Time. Barely readable, and rare catches (once a month over the past several months?), but still cool to hear.

Great logging of the EU low power SW stn. I've never heard one of those.

Botswana is fun to hear. I catch the VOA's broadcasts to Africa in Hausa now and then. Also rare catches of the VOA to Zimbabwe in apparently more than one language. That's also out of Botswana, also some time in afternoon or early evening Pacific Time. Barely readable, and rare catches (once a month over the past several months?), but still cool to hear.

I've heard that VOA to zimbawean language broadcast on 6.1 something and fairly well

I've heard that VOA to zimbawean language broadcast on 6.1 something and fairly well
I probably heard the Zimbabwean language broadcasts from VOA Botswana on 6140 kHz. It's the only frequency of that I can see listed (logbook isn't handy to look up the freq., but that's probably it).

I probably heard the Zimbabwean language broadcasts from VOA Botswana on 6140 kHz. It's the only frequency of that I can see listed (logbook isn't handy to look up the freq., but that's probably it).

Sounds right!

WMR 15700 from Denmark was "in" again today!

Back
Top Bottom