• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Am---720

I know the station's been operating on a longwire under a FCC STA for quite some time. Last request cites a possible move to WHP's site.

I know the station's been operating on a longwire under a FCC STA for quite some time. Last request cites a possible move to WHP's site.

Does 720 plan to pay WHP to share one of the 580 towers?

The information posted is not totally correct. WHYF has filed a form 301 with the FCC to diplex at the site of the new Enola station at AM 850. The proposed transmitter site for both stations is near 580, WHP, but not on their property. WHYF continues to operate using a long wire via six month extensions, approved by the FCC.

I don't know what's more strange, 720 stating an intention to diplex off one tower of a station yet to be built, or building a new station on 850 to begin with. That 850 application goes back years and was never acted-upon until recently, when an application for a construction permit was filed. 850 will have a great signal if it ever gets on the air, but realistically, in this day of mostly marginal AM stations, what could anyone possibly do with a new station on 850, other than brokered programming or religion?

Now that FCC will allow (for a limited time) class C and D AM stations to move an FM translator 250 miles,
the $5000 paid at auction to put AM850 on the air makes a lot of sense. A reasonably strong day signal, too.
It's always possible they could broker to carry EWTN on AM850 at night, too (after 720 goes off at sunset).

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom