• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

AM-690

KFXN-AM, which was donated to Minority Media and Telecommunications Council from Clear Channel, has switched from sports to Hmong language programming. There is a station, KPNP, which also serves the Hmong community, but that station's signal is weak in the eastern metro (St. Paul and east) where most of the Hmong in Minnesota live.

690's former format, "The Score", is still available on 107.9HD2, and will move to translator 103.5.

Oh Wow! I recall 690 AM as KTCR, a country western station. Trying to recall here. Here goes. They were at 3-tower daytimer located in New Hope. During my early radio days in Twin Cities radio, Jerry Cunning was the PD. And Bob Rock was the GM. Their FM was located in the Northwest School of Broadcasting in Minneapolis.

Thanks for the tip. :)

Is radio any fun any more? I recall some fun radio days, as much as the biz could offer. I cut a wide swath from KADM/KEVE, now KQRS to WWTC to WLOL AM & FM.

Wright County Guy, I'm trying to recall meeting a fellow who was sales manager there back in the 1970. Think he called himself "The Mad Hatter" on a morning show at a station in Wright County. Do you recall something like that? Those were during my days at KTWN, when they ran classical music. :)

Wright County Guy said:
To Charlie (and others)... if you haven't made your way over to http://www.twincitiesradioairchecks.com/ktcrfmtapes.html , you should do so! Good airchecks including 690/97.1 country days.

I went over there. Hadn't been there for a long time. New info. Quite good. I recall Jim Hubbard at KTCR-FM back when I was doing health agency work. He ran PSAs and some programming on respiratory disease/anti-smoking/air quality.

I recall KWFM when I first came to Minneapolis in 1963. It was then classical music with Don Eide and Merle Carlson, as I recall. Merle later went to manage WLOL0-FM.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom