• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Alt-Country on CHR/HAC

I think this is very interesting Has anybody noticed more Alt-Country artists on CHR/HAC Radio in 2012. What I mean is acts like Mumford & Sons, Monsters of Men, Imagine Dragons , Alabama Shakes and Maybe Fun is The Americana/Alt Country format going mainstream finally if so I hope it keeps going because its beats hearing hip-hop and Justin Bebier all the time

Thoughts?

There's definitely a new "folk" movement among new Alternative bands, essentially led by the success of Mumford & Sons - not sure I'd call it "country," though, especially not Imagine Dragons or Fun

I'd be hesitant to classify most of those bands as 'alt-country' or 'Americana'. True 'alt-country' bands have always struggled to get airplay at Hot AC or CHR, and I don't see it being much different today. Yes, there is more of a folk tinge to some alternative today, but I'd just say the sound is "in" right now.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom