• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Alt 92.3 HD-2

I see what you’re saying. But, isn’t the 94.7 signal in the suburbs for the most part? Do the clients they look to reach live in the areas where 94.7 reaches or is popular?
Not for Long Island…. Even though they moved closer to NYC, their signal in Southeast Nassau is still poor in analog and I can barely lock into 94.7 HD2 for NY Country. I am too far west to get 96.1, which transmits from Manorville.

Does Audacy have any nationally hosted Alt shows? I'm surprised that there are still no personalities on Alt 92.3 HD2. In contrast, New York's Country 94.7 HD2 carries several national Country personalities, and has a locally hosted show during afternoon drove. Perhaps this is due to the Country channel having a long term sponsor.

Does Audacy have any nationally hosted Alt shows? I'm surprised that there are still no personalities on Alt 92.3 HD2. In contrast, New York's Country 94.7 HD2 carries several national Country personalities, and has a locally hosted show during afternoon drove. Perhaps this is due to the Country channel having a long term sponsor.

IIRC Brady announced during the final hour of Alt 92.3 that he would be continuing to host after the move to HD2 but that never happened.

This afternoon, WINS 92.3 FM HD2 is carrying a pre-season Mets vs. Astros baseball game, in Spanish.
Channel Q is still on 92.3 HD3, and 102.7 HD2.

The baseball broadcast in Spanish is not a surprise.
But it seemed possible that Alt would be moved to either 92.3 HD3, or 102.7 HD2, as both frequencies have been broadcasting Channel Q.

That's what I'm thinking. HD2 technically fulfills an OTA requirement. Baseball fans are a dedicated group, they will find the streaming app. And for those who don't want to mess with the app in their cars, there's the HD available.
It is a joke to take away alt 92.3. There is so much bad music on FM. It is so sad.

Back
Top Bottom