• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Alan Perkins / Natchez

Sad indeed. I met Alan one time several years ago - great sense of humor and lots of stories about the broadcasting business. My prayers go out to his family.

RFB

I know this will sound silly, but I remember seeing Alan's picture in "16" magazine. It was a posed backstage shot taken with the Osmonds and other WRBC jocks, I would assume at the Coliseum in Jackson. Silly, I know, but to a 13 or 14 year-old, seeing the picture of people you've met, who do something you think you could do, in a national magazine amongst noted pop icons can be a powerful, if not life-influencing motivation.

I met Alan, and worked with his brother Dave. Both guys were intelegent, savvy radio people. Just this week I ran across a letter Alan sent me decades ago with career encouragement, and practical tips and contacts. Following Alan's progress in broadcasting reminded you that there was a great big world out there.

Very sorry to hear of Alan's passing. I had occasional contact with him over the years, and held him in very high regard.

I spoke with Alan about 6 months ago and caught up on old times. I knew he'd been sick, but it's still a shocker. He was one of a kind.
Back in high school, Alan did the PA announcements. He always said "Big Al here, today being Friday, it's fish sticks again in the lunch room (etc)".
David (Alan's brother) bugged his mother enough to hire me for my first radio job at WNAT/WQNZ in 1969.
I miss them both!

I, too, was saddened to hear of Alan's passing. We had some great times working together in New Orleans at WNOE late 70's...and I had just gotten back in touch with him via MySpace only two years ago. Condolences to family and friends.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom