• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Alan Alda Reunites with 'M*A*S*H' Costar for Show's 50th Anniversary

AfterMASH had a second season but it was only 10 episodes and was canceled early: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AfterMASH#Episodes
You are correct and I was wrong. I must have somehow missed that abbreviated second season because it happened shortly after I graduated college and moved across the country. There's also the matter that the show simply wasn't very good, and that perhaps also made it easy to forget that the second season ever existed.

There's also the matter that the show simply wasn't very good, and that perhaps also made it easy to forget that the second season ever existed.
AfterMASH was an ill conceived idea. It's curious that Gary Burghoff decided to leave M*A*S*H because he had outgrown the Radar character. He probably needed the money when signed up for AfterMASH. I agree that most M*A*S*H fans don't remember the spin off series at all.

Trapper John MD with Pernell Roberts was a pretty good show however...

AfterMASH was an ill conceived idea. It's curious that Gary Burghoff decided to leave M*A*S*H because he had outgrown the Radar character. He probably needed the money when signed up for AfterMASH. I agree that most M*A*S*H fans don't remember the spin off series at all.

Trapper John MD with Pernell Roberts was a pretty good show however...
Outside of the first episode, there wasn't any real connection to M*A*S*H. Producers claimed the Trapper John character spun off from the movie version, not the TV series, though in the pilot, photos from the TV series were in Trapper's office.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom