• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Airdate Set For Lifetime Cable Network Christmas Romance Movie Filmed In My Hometown

A year and a half ago (April, 2021), fake snow and Christmas decorations went up in Town Square in my hometown of Norwood, Massachusetts, and the Norwood Theatre across the street from.the Square (built in 1927 as a movie theatre, but today, it hosts concerts and plays) had the title "A Christmas Carol" on it's marquee.

It was all for the filming of a Lifetime cable network Christmas movie (a genre both it and the rival Hallmark Channel cable network specialize in) originally titled "A Playful Romance". But the title was subsequently changed to "A Show-Stopping Christmas", and while it didn't get shown by Lifetime (or anyone else in the U.S.) last year, it did air on Canada's CBC-TV last December 15th.

Finally, more than eighteen months after it was filmed, "A Show-Stopping Christmas" has finally been scheduled fir broadcast in the United States. It will be seen Sunday, November 20th at 8 P.M. Eastern, 7 Central (and probably also at 8 Pacific time).

For more information, click the link below to a Lifetime press release outlining all their Christmas romance movies to be shown this year. Scroll about one third of the way down the page until you see details for "A Show-Stopping Christmas":

https://www.aenetworks.com/article/lifetime-announces-full-slate-for-its-a-wonderful-lifetime-2022 .

Granted, it's probably going to be a "Grade Z" movie but as most of it was filmed in my hometown, I'll be watching, as will many people living in or near Norwood, probably looking for local locations more than to watch what will probably be a sappy movie.

Nice, and I'm sure the scores of women who swoon for that kind of thing and look forward to the "100 days of 100 Christmas movies" each fall will love it! :)

Nice, and I'm sure the scores of women who swoon for that kind of thing and look forward to the "100 days of 100 Christmas movies" each fall will love it! :)

Probably the same demographic who listens to the syndicated Delilah show on radio.

But that demographic (women between 25 and 54 years old; the so-called "Soccer Moms") is the most desirable demographic in today's advertising.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom