• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

AGM Sells to Hutton in Four Corners

The Cortez stations KISZ and KRTZ have massive coverage probably reaching about 200,000 people. Of course, with the terrain of that area reception quality could vary. The Farmington stations might reach about 100,000 or more but also San Juan County has had a decline in population over the previous decade. However, the Four Corners has a lot of FM stations so there can be quite a bit of competition for whatever amount of revenue is available for those areas. iHeart still operates a few stations there even though they don't typically operate in small towns. I guess the Santa Fe stations must be doing pretty well for Hutton to expand. With AGM exiting the four corners Albuquerque appears to be the only market outside of California they will still be in, but it is also their largest market too.

Always thought it was funny that KRTZ had such a large coverage area while being so heavily focused on Durango that it didn't get much audience elsewhere. 101.3 was much the same, though its signal wasn't quite as good.

I'd always heard, if you went back to the early 80's, you could hear KISZ and KRTZ in Santa Fe and Albuquerque their signals were so strong.

Yes, you could indeed hear 97.9 KISZ in the east heights of Albuquerque until 97.7 came on the air. Some friends and I ran a Sandia Crest translator for a while repeating KISZ - an AC "cartamation" featuring the Wonder Rabbit. 98 Kisses. Yes, true.

Back
Top Bottom