• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Absolutely 80's heard in Hemet

I heard some 80's tracks on 95.7 driving out of Hemet. It was the show Absolutely 80's featuring Nina Blackwood. Anybody have any into on this radio station? Once I got to Menifee, Jam'n 95.7 out of San Diego started to overcome the Hemet station.

It looks like they grabbed the X logo from X103.9 that's what it looks like
I agree. I would prefer they come up with their own logo. I am not a big fan of radio stations playing off other previous stations' legacies. I am sure that is not the intent here, but that is the first thing I thought when I saw the logo.

I listened to the station online yesterday and liked it. I also liked the way they went about asking for contributions and sponsorships. with simple, but effective presentation that was not obtrusive to the listening experience. I especially liked the idea of local businesses sponsoring an hour of programming. I would recommend the entire concept and presentation to KHUG.

I agree. I would prefer they come up with their own logo. I am not a big fan of radio stations playing off other previous stations' legacies. I am sure that is not the intent here, but that is the first thing I thought when I saw the logo.

I listened to the station online yesterday and liked it. I also liked the way they went about asking for contributions and sponsorships. with simple, but effective presentation that was not obtrusive to the listening experience. I especially liked the idea of local businesses sponsoring an hour of programming. I would recommend the entire concept and presentation to KHUG.
It was also used by 99X in Atlanta and many others.. like about 20 stations in the 90s..

I used it at two stations back in the day... It's a generic logo. Don't assume that 103.9 was privy to it. :)

There is no 'they', this is all me and this is similar to what I have done with KQLH.... Also I program KWXY/KKGX in Palm Springs and KJVV in 29 palms.

I worked with some of the best in Atlanta.. at the great WFOM. Always showed up in the top 5 in the book back in the day. Not bad for a 1000w AM.

I'd be glad to consult with KHUG..

Rick

Founder X 95.7

Back
Top Bottom