• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

About the Los Angeles TV station translators listed at Wikipedia---

King Daevid, I wish you'd included the link to Wikipedia. It took me several minutes of searching to find what I hope is the same page you were referring to:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Television_stations_in_Los_Angeles,_California

If that's not the right page, please point me at what you were looking at.

Of the low-power stations listed on the page I linked above, I have personal knowledge that the following are on-the-air:
KEDD-LD, KFLA-LD, KIIO-LD, KTAV-LD, KSFV-CD, KNLA-CD, and KVHD-CD.

...no, KMR, I was talking about the translator rebroadcasters listed on the originating stations' pages. Specifically:

For KCBS-TV:
Baker K07IH
Ridgecrest K02HY K33ID-D
Joshua Tree K17GJ
Lucerne Valley K41CB
Morongo Valley K16AA
Newberry Springs K10IX
Victorville K21AC

For KNBC:
Lucerne Valley K41CB 41
Morongo Valley K30GU 30
Newberry Springs K12JI 12
Ridgecrest K04HX 4 K35HO-D 35

For KTLA:

California translators:
Daggett K35BQ
Lucerne Valley K48AD
Newberry Springs K03EK
Ridgecrest K05FO K39HT-D
Twentynine Palms K29GK
Colorado translators:
Cortez, Colorado K29GO
Peetz, Colorado K32EX

For KABC-TV:
Lucerne Valley K43EE
Newberry Springs/Barstow K08IA 8
Ridgecrest (Eastern Kern County, California) K07NH 7
Ridgecrest (Inyo County, California) K41GO 41

For KCAL-TV:
Joshua Tree K14JT
Lucerne Valley K48AD
Morongo Valley K34EU
Ridgecrest K09MG
Ridgecrest K45GQ-D

For KTTV:
Daggett, San Bernardino County K23BP
Inyokern, Kern County K47AE-D
Lucerne Valley, Mojave Desert K43EE
Newberry Springs, Mojave Desert K06IQ
Ridgecrest, Kern County K11ML

For KCOP:
Lucerne Valley K43EE
Ridgecrest K13NF K49AA-D

For KCET:
K16FC-D San Luis Obispo
K26FT-D Santa Barbara
K28GY-D Santa Barbara
K46II-D Bakersfield
K47CC-D Victorville
K41CB-D Lucerne Valley
K14AT-D China Lake
K31JM-D China Lake
K51DD-D Ridgecrest

Thanks for the clarification, KDM.

I would hazard a guess that the ones with -D after them are probably still active, since they were upgraded to digital transmission and I doubt anyone would take one dark after going to that expense.

I randomly checked some in CDBS and the ones I checked were still licensed, therefore presumed active. A few, like the Cortez CO translator for KTLA, have been upgraded but Wikipedia not corrected (e.g., K29GO is now K29GO-D), and as another example the Morongo Valley translator for KNBC (K30GU) has a CP to flash cut at some point, so it must be still transmitting analog but about to go digital.

I only checked a half-dozen of the ones without -D in their call signs but all were currently licensed.

...I have moved to Newberry Springs, and -- at least at the location I'm at, which is admittedly a few dozen yards in front of a mountain to the South -- of the translators listed above for this municipality only K10IX appears to be operating, but instead of KCBS-TV it's retransmitting KVME on 23.1 and KDOC on 23.2...

...I have moved to Newberry Springs, and -- at least at the location I'm at, which is admittedly a few dozen yards in front of a mountain to the South -- of the translators listed above for this municipality only K10IX appears to be operating, but instead of KCBS-TV it's retransmitting KVME on 23.1 and KDOC on 23.2...

The Baker LPTV's licenses were all canceled. Go to fccinfo.com and enter the call letters to see if they are still on the air.

K10IX still has a license and a CP for digital flash cut (which obviously happened), but is shown as still being a KCBS translator. Given what you reported, it sounds as if they are feeding it via a DirecTV receiver.

K12JI is still licensed and allegedly transmitting KNBC in analog. Ditto K03EK for KTLA and K08IA for KABC. K06IQ has a CP to cut to digital which was supposed to have been done by September 1, still KTTV as originating station.

Perhaps this will help: The e-mail address on the County of San Bernardino's STA request to upgrade the KNBC translator to digital without waiting for Mexican coordination is [email protected], but that was three years ago, so who knows if it's still valid or if the County employee (Tim Millington) even still works there.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom