• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

A prayer for Kathi Goertzen...

I read through the posts on your link, and God Bless Kathi, and hopefully another successful procedure. Is this procedure different somehow, more serious? Just wondering, and praying for her. She is right up there with Jean as the most loved anchorwoman in Seattle.

God bless you Kathi. Hope you do well with your procedure, and go back to where you loved to be-KOMO 4 News with Dan Lewis.

-crainbebo

RIP Kathi Goertzen

KOMO TV anchorwoman Kathi Goertzen dies after battle with tumors

http://seati.ms/Nul22W

Farewell Kathi......You were an inspiration......

Above and beyond the newscasts, KOMO-TV has announced it will pay an appropriate, loving, and heartfelt long-form tribute tonight at 8 PM. "Bachelor Pad" can wait.

Amen.

What incredibly sad news today! Kathi fought the good fight...she is undoubtedly in a better place now. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family and the entire KOMO family.

RIP and farewell to a wonderful anchorwoman. I will never forget her. My thoughts and prayers go to her family. :'( :'( :'(

-crainbebo

I was watching "her" station-KOMO, where Dan Lewis and Eric Johnson were sad and talked about Kathi's life and Kathi & Dan on KOMO 4 News, and Mary Nam was tearing up talking about her. Kudos to the competitors KING and KIRO for also doing stories on Kathi's death. JEERS to KCPQ yet again, the top story was the Texas A&M shooting. I recorded about an hour of KOMO-AM's coverage via it's webstream. They simulcasted KOMO-4 and it's 4pm remembrance newscast.

Another thing I didn't know from the KOMO clips: Kathi and Dan ended up on Ray Combs' version of Family Feud! Wish I knew which year however.

-crainbebo

Tomorrow's Mariners game will have an all-stadium moment of silence in honor of Kathi Goertzen, before the National Anthem. Good thing to do, in my opinion.

God bless Kathi, and hopefully there will be a funeral service for her.

-crainbebo

KOMO TV & Radio have done a great job on covering what is clearly a difficult time internally. I liked the "low-key" approach Jane & Tom took yesterday afternoon - no sounders, no other production. Just people talking to other people. That's what radio is all about.

RIP, Kathi. You're not suffering any more.

A great lady gone way to young. I'll never forget seeing one of her first days at Komo and the late Jack Ramsey's (weatherman who HR would have been all over) take on her good looks! I think its somewhere on youtube.
Thank you Kathi for giving so much to those of us that watched you each night and also saw you in action away from the camera donating your time. You did make a difference.
Go Cougs!!

LITTLEBOYBLUE said:
searadiofreak said:
Been watching all of Seattle newscasts this evening via stream. All have been respectful, especially KING where Jean Enerson did a special piece:

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Jean-Enersen--166047066.html

She came in from vacation to record those pieces...that says a lot too.

I have never ever seen Jean Enersen loose composure on TV - for any story, any time. Absolutely incredible that her fiercest competition for over 30 years brought her to tears. Really says something about both of them.

crainbebo said:
I was watching "her" station-KOMO, where Dan Lewis and Eric Johnson were sad and talked about Kathi's life and Kathi & Dan on KOMO 4 News, and Mary Nam was tearing up talking about her.

It was truly moving to watch KOMO's own coverage last night. In a business that can be so cutthroat, where the talent will fake their way through interpersonal interactions with each other on air only to trash each other off camera - one thing came through. KOMO's main team for over twenty years of Kathi, Dan, Steve, and Eric (and Bruce King before him) were so successful because they truly, genuinely liked each other.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom