• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

A new alternative to morning sports talk in January

JoeyMurr

Inactive
Inactive User
Hey guys

Just wanted to put a post out to let everyone know there will be a new alternative to morning sports talk every weekday morning at 7am on WBNW 1120. "The Sports Blast with JoeyMurr" will debut Jan 5,2009.

We are heard Thursdays at 5pm on 1510 the zone and will be bringing our show over to WBNW 1120 every weekday morning 7-8am.

For more information you can go to my website www.joeymurr.com

Wonder if 1510 will eventually expand to prog talk 24/7 (a third show is to be added next month). Might or might not happen; but for the past 2 years, local fans of prog talk must feel like fans of the 2008 Detroit Lions (a majestic 0-15 thus far!) though at least they've had "wins" with the additions of the Santos
and Collins shows to 1510 on Dec 1 (on a crazy quilt station that has everything from sports to
ethnic to prog talk to Brother Stair!

Joey Murr is a great local talent. I look forward to listening to him.

I like how 1120 picked up some new sports content. Murr in the morning, Picard at night. Should provide some good young insight.

raccoonradio said:
Wonder if 1510 will eventually expand to prog talk 24/7 (a third show is to be added next month). Might or might not happen; but for the past 2 years, local fans of prog talk must feel like fans of the 2008 Detroit Lions (a majestic 0-15 thus far!) though at least they've had "wins" with the additions of the Santos
and Collins shows to 1510 on Dec 1 (on a crazy quilt station that has everything from sports to
ethnic to prog talk to Brother Stair!

With the exception of perhaps some of the remaining "Zone" sports programming, isn't everything that has been added to 1510 all brokered and bought time?

I'm sure that whether or not 1510 ever goes all "progressive talk" would depend on whether enough such shows want to buy the time to fill out the schedule with that type of programming. Otherwise, I'm sure we'll continue to hear preachers, and whoever else coughs up the cash!

Hey Guys thanks for the Kind words, We will still be doing our shows every thursday at the zone.

Our first week went well over at wbnw, and hope we can be your new alternative to morning sports talk.

you can listen to our past shows on youcastr.com by searching The Sports Blast

good luck in 2009

JoeyMurr said:
Hey guys

Just wanted to put a post out to let everyone know there will be a new alternative to morning sports talk every weekday morning at 7am on WBNW 1120. "The Sports Blast with JoeyMurr" will debut Jan 5,2009.

We are heard Thursdays at 5pm on 1510 the zone and will be bringing our show over to WBNW 1120 every weekday morning 7-8am.

For more information you can go to my website www.joeymurr.com

There's already enough sports talk in Boston. There are other voids that need to be filled.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom