• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

A KOOL Change

Hey! Anyone know how to change my screen name from “KOOL” to “WOW Factor?” The current name has been irrelevant for years now.

Is a trip to Buckeye required??
Lauren, welcome back!

Can anybody answer Lauren’s question?

Is Doctor Akbar’s reply suggesting that he would have switched screen names ages ago?

Is it still a lamp timer if it’s not connected to a lamp?

And, as a KT’R alum, the most important question—-

Is it raining where you are?

Lauren, welcome back!

Can anybody answer Lauren’s question?

Is Doctor Akbar’s reply suggesting that he would have switched screen names ages ago?

Is it still a lamp timer if it’s not connected to a lamp?

And, as a KT’R alum, the most important question—-

Is it raining where you are?
I was down in Tucson today and got chased by rain all day long. Finally ended up near Red Rock. Lots of lightening in S. Phoenix metro this evening but no rain.....yet.

I'm not denying that the branding may have been an issue for KOOL (and WOGL), but my question is why it hasn't been so much of a problem for other heritage Classic Hits stations like WCBS-FM or KRTH? Did they do a better overall job at updating their playlist, presentation, and/or marketing than KOOL and WOGL? Or do listeners in those markets just not care as much about the "old" perception?

I'm not denying that the branding may have been an issue for KOOL (and WOGL), but my question is why it hasn't been so much of a problem for other heritage Classic Hits stations like WCBS-FM or KRTH? Did they do a better overall job at updating their playlist, presentation, and/or marketing than KOOL and WOGL? Or do listeners in those markets just not care as much about the "old" perception?
Well, for starters, WCBS-FM and K-Earth don't say "cool", "oldies" or "gold" within their call letters.

KRTH underwent a substantial makeover---really everything but the call letters and the logo.

And WCBS-FM lets Bill Lee do stuff like this in the afternoons:

But KOOL has undergone some pretty substantial shifts too - as has been said, it pretty much sounded the same as it now does under the "Big" name. Aside from musical evolution, it clearly moved away from the "classic top 40" presentation that there are still some hints of at CBS-FM.

Bill Lee is great - too bad Audacy seems to be discouraging that type of personality elsewhere.

The next news we'll hear is "Rumored today is the sale of KOOL-FM to a religious group due to the continued unsuccessful transition from an Oldies/Class Hits playlist to more modern Pablum music sung by seriously obese people who wear way too few clothes".

The next news we'll hear is "Rumored today is the sale of KOOL-FM to a religious group due to the continued unsuccessful transition from an Oldies/Class Hits playlist to more modern Pablum music sung by seriously obese people who wear way too few clothes".

The entire Phoenix cluster was on the block about ten years ago when it was owned by CBS.

Not happening for a station that was tied for 4th in billing last year. This is a dent in the door, not a total write-off. In fact, KOOL was only $500,000 away from a tie with the #3 biller in the market (and from the #1 FM music station).

OMG...KLL surfaces!!

Are you sure you want WOW Factor? KOOL Lumberyard Listener might be available o_O Nurse Jeff and I can easily change your status at the Buckeye Media Hut, but changing your screen name is beyond our pay grade. Might ask The Old Gringo for an easy to follow 20 page tutorial on making such change.

...just sayin.
...annnnnnnd with this post any bizarre speculation that Dr. Akbar and Todd Wallace are one and the same is blown to smithereens. Please make a note of it!

Not happening for a station that was tied for 4th in billing last year. This is a dent in the door, not a total write-off. In fact, KOOL was only $500,000 away from a tie with the #3 biller in the market (and from the #1 FM music station).
Did I give you a timeline? :)

OMG...KLL surfaces!!
Don't worry Lauren, there are a ton of us in this life raft. Fortunately with recent additions to the Valley's Oldies/Classic Hits outlets we don't need, or want, anything but KOOL's HD2 feed. The mother ship is kaput!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom