• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

99.1 KXKC Segues to Classic Country

99.1 KXKC is now positioned as playing 90s country but the playlist includes 80s-2000s country. Lots of overlap for classic country in Acadiana but none on a 100kw signal. Am I the only one surprised by this decision? They have now ceded new country exclusively to KMDL 97-3 The Dawg and the Baton Rouge rimshots.

Maybe they see how well KPLX is doing in Dallas-Fort Worth with a similar format. With all the '90s country influence on some of today's country hit makers, they don't have to worry about skewing too old. The station might still attract a few 55+ listeners, but it's likely to have more than enough strength in 18-34 to make the 55+ numbers irrelevant.

Maybe they see how well KPLX is doing in Dallas-Fort Worth with a similar format. With all the '90s country influence on some of today's country hit makers, they don't have to worry about skewing too old. The station might still attract a few 55+ listeners, but it's likely to have more than enough strength in 18-34 to make the 55+ numbers irrelevant.
Can you provide any insight, even if vague, on how KLWB 103.7 The Game is doing in key demos? It's a full market signal and has been a bottom dweller in the 6+ for ages yet it is still there. Lots of local staff so definitely not an inexpensive operation.

Can you provide any insight, even if vague, on how KLWB 103.7 The Game is doing in key demos? It's a full market signal and has been a bottom dweller in the 6+ for ages yet it is still there. Lots of local staff so definitely not an inexpensive operation.
Sorry, only a listener here, relaying info I found in the Dallas forum. Maybe one of the pros can provide that info.

My understanding is most if not all of Delta's stations are losing money. I think it's more of a hobby for the owner. The owner has huge investments in everything from real estate to fiber optic interconnects through our the gulf coast. Not to mention KLWB DT got a nice check to change channels in the incentive auction.

My understanding is most if not all of Delta's stations are losing money. I think it's more of a hobby for the owner. The owner has huge investments in everything from real estate to fiber optic interconnects through our the gulf coast. Not to mention KLWB DT got a nice check to change channels in the incentive auction.
Interesting... And makes sense since they don't seen to have a dominant presence in format at any of their stations. The funny thing is I couldn't receive KLWB DT at my camp just north of Ville Platte before the channel move and now it's rock solid.

On the topic of the thread, it seems odd to have no 100kw country station for Acadiana considering it's a top ratings format. The Dawg is very sketchy up here, leaving KRRV Alexandria as the only "local" signal playing country currents other than the fringe listening of WYNK & WTGE. We have classic country overload up here, adding KVPI's 107.3 translator to KPCZ, KEUN, KAPB, Mustang, and now KXKC.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom