• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

98.9 NASH ICON becomes Warm 98.9 and all-Christmas

Hel, I'm having a hard time taking them seriously. Nick Jonas followed by Fleetwood Mac???? I'm pretty diverse but damn! Is this the variety hits everyone has been wanting for the last four years? Yikes!

You used "hell" in a sentence but only used one "L". You must not be very upset! :)

I don't know why Cumulus keeps programming 98.9 with formats similar to what we already have on other stations. That's why they keep failing! There is way too much crossover with Warm 98.9 and B98.5. So who is going to listen to a weak translator if they can hear almost the same songs on a "100,000-watt" station. Cumulus should have went back to Westwood One's "Good Time Oldies" or their "Classic Hits" format. Music that can't be heard anywhere else on the radio dial. Warm 98.9 will probably be ANOTHER one-year station.

I don't know why Cumulus keeps programming 98.9 with formats similar to what we already have on other stations. That's why they keep failing! There is way too much crossover with Warm 98.9 and B98.5. So who is going to listen to a weak translator if they can hear almost the same songs on a "100,000-watt" station. Cumulus should have went back to Westwood One's "Good Time Oldies" or their "Classic Hits" format. Music that can't be heard anywhere else on the radio dial. Warm 98.9 will probably be ANOTHER one-year station.

You just won the BINGO pot, I totally agree.I would bet they just might change NewYearsDay.ha

Last edited:
Is Cumulus aiming for the sweet spot among the three missing formats in ATL: soft AC, variety hits, and oldies (such as they are today)?

Nationally, how does soft AC do? Or has it gone by the wayside along with other "environmental" formats like smooth jazz in the PPM era? That may be why their latest attempt at soft AC sounds do variety hits-ish. Also, the closest we have to AC in ATL are Star (Entercom) and B98.5 (Cox). Cumulus might be trying to poach some of their listeners, since Q100 is too CHR to really be at risk of cannibalization.

I hear country songs on there too. Maybe crossovers but i doubt it.

Hi everyone! I'm listening to Warm 98.9 as I'm typing up this post. Moments ago, I heard Christian Lee do a traffic report. Unfortunately, it was a recycled traffic report from yesterday Wed. 12/30/2015. Yesterday afternoon, I-75 was an absolute slow & go in both directions between Exit 283 (Old Allatoona Rd.) and Exits 267A&B (Hwy. 5 Spur (Canton Rd. Conn.)) I-75 was also slow & go on the Southside between Exit 233 (Hwy. 54 (Jonesboro Rd.)) at Southlake Mall and Exit 222 (Jodeco Rd.) near McDonough. When Christian did the traffic report, he erroneously said "Exit 333" instead of "Exit 233". Exit 333 is Hwy. 52 East, which is Walnut Ave. in Dalton. I went to the Georgia 511 website and noticed that the traffic was better today on I-75 than it was yesterday. That's how I know the traffic report was recycled. Of course, it is a holiday, but that's no excuse to recycle a traffic report from the day before. Anyway, that is all.

It surprises you that The Cloud Company doesn't have anyone on staff who knows how to properly run a program automation system? Why? Nor do they have holiday fill ins who have a clue apparently. Whatever are they gonna do when Bert bails and takes his act elsewhere?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom