• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

98.3 Miami

DJ Tony

Inactive
Inactive User
I just heard that there will be a new station on the 98.3 dial. Anyone has any info on that? I know that it will on Thursday 24th of June, that's it.

Perhaps it's just a name change. WRTO has the exact same format as X 96.3, so maybe they wil change their name to X 98.3.

HOPEFULLY IT GOES ENGLISH , I KNOW ITS A STRETCH BUT I HOPE IT DOES GO HABLA INGLES FOR A CHANGE , LIKE MAYBE HIP HOP/Rnb

560QAMFAN said:
HOPEFULLY IT GOES ENGLISH , I KNOW ITS A STRETCH BUT I HOPE IT DOES GO HABLA INGLES FOR A CHANGE , LIKE MAYBE HIP HOP/Rnb

Dude, it's Univision. Besides, if it went English, where would it put Enrique y Joe?

Identnut said:
560QAMFAN said:

Dude, it's Univision. Besides, if it went English, where would it put Enrique y Joe?

My guess, it's just a name change, because in the promos they are running, it's the same kind of music that they would play Tropical/Urban

560QAMFAN said:
wow your actually censored for once lol

Not censored. Not discussing something that amounts to strategy is simple good sense.

560QAMFAN said:
David i know that im just messin around with you....

:eek:

"Univision Radio's tropical WRTO-FM 98.3 "La Kalle" in Miami has gone commercial-free in anticipation of a format change slated to debut June 24. Pre-recorded announcements tease the change coming soon to the station and urge listeners to tune in on June 24 at 6AM. La Kalle has faced increased competition in the Miami market, primarily from Clear Channel's hot adult contemporary WMGE-FM "Mega 94.9." In the April PPM ratings period, the first one tracking Univision Radio's stations, La Kalle came in at No. 5 among Spanish-language stations with a 2.6 share of listening. Mega 94.9 was No. 2 with a 5.4 share. "

(Fair use from an e-mail bulletin from Hispanic Market Weekly at http://www.hispanicmarketweekly.com/)

It'd be nice for the DXer if they'd go off air for 6 hours prior to the change.

I say, time for that "El Fonografo" format here, or even further back, an XEB format. <ducking tomatoes>

cd

cd637299 said:
It'd be nice for the DXer if they'd go off air for 6 hours prior to the change.

I say, time for that "El Fonografo" format here, or even further back, an XEB format. <ducking tomatoes>

cd

Incoming tomato!!!

Fonógrafo is 65+, and there would be no sales generated. Sort of like the 990 Radio Aeropuerto that was mentioned here recently... old 50's instruentals and sappy vocals.

990 was "la bomb-a"! I thought they were a breath of fresh air, with static.

Question, David: IYO, what 990 profited better, Aeropuerto or Radio Disney (not counting Disney's other interests attached to R Disney)?

cd

cd637299 said:
990 was "la bomb-a"! I thought they were a breath of fresh air, with static.

Question, David: IYO, what 990 profited better, Aeropuerto or Radio Disney (not counting Disney's other interests attached to R Disney)?

Aeropuerto never made money, and barely broke even. Disney use RD as a brand promotion vehicle, and it's useful to them. RD does not have to make money, as it is part of a marketing effort for Disney, the brand.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom