• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

95.7 the party

95.7 could have flipped to a Soft AC like the Breeze that could compete with KOSI.
But they still thought they could compete with Mix and Alice.
I don't see a difference in ratings moving foward.

That other company is Max. And you’d have to go back prior to the mid 90s, when Malrite and ABC owned Y108. After that, mainstream CHR has been hard to work with in Denver (Kiss did OK, but KS and Alice kept them down, U102 had a poor signal and changed direction, and One FM/Hot already tried it one other time on the very same rimshot as it is now).
Hits 95.7 will do OK, but KS, Mix and Alice will keep them down as well.

Salt Lake City is an over-radioed market, with a crazy number of FM stations including rim shots with very high power. Salt Lake City, including Provo and Ogden, have no other large market nearby for hundreds of miles. So even stations with their towers in Wyoming target SLC.

Denver-Boulder has markets not that far away, Colorado Springs-Pueblo and Fort Collins. The number of FM signals available to the Denver market is larger than some cities but not quite like SLC or Phoenix.

I was listening to Hits 95.7 on the i Heart Radio App today while running and I heard a promo for the Jubal show coming next week.

But, yeah. What’s the point of the Jubal show being on both 95.7 and 98.9?

Two entirely seperate markets and the average person listening on an average crappy radio in either market cant hear the other markets signal too well.

Take off your radio nerd fan hat before you reply to the comment... because thats the problem, many cant think like the average listener....

Much like how Elvis Duran has his flagship on Z100 in NYC and he is syndicated nearby on Max 106.3 in Sussex County, NJ.

Two entirely seperate markets and the average person listening on an average crappy radio in either market cant hear the other markets signal too well.

Take off your radio nerd fan hat before you reply to the comment... because thats the problem, many cant think like the average listener....
Okay.

And now KPTT signed on a Subchannel, HD3 the Evolution?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom