• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

93.9 Jamz Honolulu - 90s Based Rhythmic Hits

Finally! Except it's at an island far, far away...

Streaming on IHeartRadio & loving it!

Rumor is this new format hits Atlanta next week. On the Honolulu site I see songs before 1990, not sure if the Atlanta plan goes that deep.

I think it sounds great. There is plenty of rhythmic product from the 90s to keep it fresh and it was such fun music until the ghetto sound took over. Glad that's over. This is a great sounding station. Captures the feel of that era. Love it. :)

Time passes....been listening some more. This is definitely the best RhyAC I have heard yet on the air since the inception of this format. They are playing great selections. Jaya is on now. Yeah! Like HOT 97 all over again. At least similar. Hope this one catches on.

Z

Just noticed a few songs I did not like to hear as a station that represents MY generation - Chic, Kool & The Gang, Anita Ward, etc. If this station stays away from the 70's, this would be MY generation's ideal Ol' Skool station.

I was born in 1980 & was not alive during the Disco era. I was alive during the Freestyle era!

I think I'm Generation X. I might be borderline Gen-Y. They were doing so perfectly until I heard music from the 70's!

Well, Atlanta didn't get the new format after all. But the improved Groove 105.7 does seem to be more CHR/Rhythmic and more Dance friendly than it was just a week ago.

Maybe it skipped Atlanta, but the format showed up in Fresno last week -- check out thebeat1037.com

Like Honolulu, it's also on iHeartRadio.

This station sounds great! According to Wikipedia, it just switched over to Rhythmic AC on September 2, 2010. Funny... almost exactly a year after WTDW 106.7 in Detroit became Rhythmic AC on "The Beat of Detroit". This station sounds quite a bit like how WDTW sounded when it first debuted. Let's see if 93.9 Jamz is able to keep this good sound for long.

Wikipedia mentioned another Rhythmic AC station in Honolulu, KUMU, and how 93.9 Jamz is trying to set itself apart by focusing mostly on '90s music. Has anyone listened to KUMU?

I have a fascination with Rhythmic AC music and will probably listen online to these stations when I can. Unfortunately the Grand Rapids (MI) market would not allow for its own Rhythmic AC station. :(

Well, since I live in Honolulu, I can tell you that KHJZ and KUMU are radically different. KHJZ is more upbeat with with their Rhythmic AC presentation, while KUMU is boasting on air as "Hawaii's Old School Station" and playing a lot of 70s, 80s and 90s songs, most of them of the slow jam variety.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom