• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

93.9 FM Windsor/Detroit needs to flip to a CHR/Top 40 Music Format!93.9 CKLW FM?

H

Human Numan

93.9 FM The River has very very low ratings.

If 93.9 FM flips their format because of their low ratings they should flip it to CHR/Top 40 Hits to compete with Channel 955 FM.

93.9 FM could change their name to 93.9 CKLW Windsor/Detroit's New Hit Music Station.

93.9 FM The New CKLW Windsor/Detroit's Hit Music Station.

The New CKLW 93.9 FM could play pop music, rock music and rap and hip-hop and country music that makes it to the American Top 40 Charts.

I know you old people remember AM 800 CKLW a CHR/Top 40 radio station in the late 1960's and 1970's. My mother is almost 60 years old and she told me about CKLW AM 800 in the 1970's when she lived in Detroit.

I am 21 years old. I know i'm a kid whose mom told them about AM 800 CKLW in Windsor, Ontario, Canada in the old day's.

CKLW-FM had two different tenures recreating The Big 8 sound with an oldies format. Don't see them doing CHR as CKLW as anyone who remembers them as top 40 is old enough to be this era's CHR audience's parents or even grandparents. Plus there is the CanCon thing.

Sure would be cool hearing those great old jingles going into something like Rihanna's "Disturbia" or Chris Brown's "Forever" ;) ;D

Is there enough Canadian artists in the CHR format to satisfy the Cancon rule that 93.9 would have to follow since they are in CANADA. they have to play something like 50/50 Canadian/Other if i recall the cancon rule

Re: 93.9 FM Windsor/Detroit needs to flip to a CHR/Top 40 Music Format!93.9 CKLW

The Cancon rules aren't that strict :D Besides, they're actually being relaxed nowadays, and CHR radio is flourishing all across Canada.
I think the Cancon rules are even MORe relaxed when it comes to cross border markets, so as to better compete with American signals.

I agree. I've always thought of what it would be like to hear a CKLW of today. All the latests hits, love' em or hate' em (just like back in the day). I could hear a modernized CKLW jingle into "Leavin'", "Disturbia", "See You Again", "Sexy Can I" and probably some R&B hit not currently playing on Top 40 Mainstream and a good rocker not quite up the rungs of the hit ladder. Of course, a CanCon song neatly placed between two sure-fire hits. You'd really have to have good jocks to pull it off and that's the problem. Radio cannot afford any outside of mornings and many stations are going syndicated in major dayparts, even Tpo 40 with Ryan Seacrest in either middays or afternoons. Until the economy turns around and radio gets back on its feet we won't get to see that kind of innovation for a long time. But it is a VERY nice dream though!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom