• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

920 AM Trenton All Talk Nov. 1

I heard an announcement on 920 AM Trenton they will drop the simulcast with 1040 AM Flemington on November 1 for a talk format, promoting Beck & Ramsey & Fox 'News'. Right now they have the WCHR calls that followed the religious format from 94.5 to 920 to 1040 & back to 920. The 920 heritage WTTM calls have been on 1680 for several years. I'd expect the WCHR calls to go to 1040 which has calls left over from their recent ESPN programming.

920 as WTTM tried an all local talk format in 1990 after 10 years as 'Double T-93 Country'. (The PD at the time Rockin' Ron Cade rounded 920 to 93 'because it rhymed with 'T'.) The local talk generated 2 older male regular callers, a man from Levittown who always sounded drunk and a man from Roslyn, Montgomery County at the fringe of the signal that always had a 'hum' on the frequency. They called every show and talked for hours as the hosts threw out topics and begged for other callers. I'm sure this time around it will ne all syndicated shows.

1040 WNJE (ex-WCHR, WJHR) also briefly had a talk format, "Chat Radio 1040", with local hosts during the day and syndicated shows at night. It was a miserable failure, only lasting from May 1999 to January 2000.

The Voice isn't such a bad name, but with the TTM calls? "We Talk To the Masses" would have been better, IMHO.

920 The Voice is now running Dr. Joy Browne mid-days.

Their web site (not fully developed yet) says "(C) 2013 WNJE-AM, Inc.", so it appears that 920 WCHR and 1040 WNJE will probably swap call signs with each other.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom