• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

92-9 the ADs

Thank God for SiriusXM and Mad Dog sports radio. I keep saying Im going to count the minutes they actually do but I know it has to be more than 30 minutes an hour of commericials. Is this normal for talk stations. I thought it was about 20 minutes on talk radio.

Thank God for SiriusXM and Mad Dog sports radio. I keep saying Im going to count the minutes they actually do but I know it has to be more than 30 minutes an hour of commericials. Is this normal for talk stations. I thought it was about 20 minutes on talk radio.
Talk stations and Sports stations can get away with more commercials than music stations.

Just curious whether others here have listened to 92.9's new morning show. I find the hosts to be long on knowledge and analysis but short on broadcast talent.

6-9 am Im listening to DA and Babchick on mad dog. I really miss John and Hugh. Steak is fine the midday show and Dukes and Bell are the best. But its easier to listen to Mad Dog in the afternoon. Amy Lawrence over nights is a fave as well

6-9 am Im listening to DA and Babchick on mad dog. I really miss John and Hugh. Steak is fine the midday show and Dukes and Bell are the best. But its easier to listen to Mad Dog in the afternoon. Amy Lawrence over nights is a fave as well
I too miss John and Hugh. I agree with you that Carl Dukes is great, but he's on opposite someone who is also fantastic, Mark Chernoff at 680/93.7. I think Dukes and Chernoff are the best Sports hosts in the market.

Couple of articles from Barrett Sports Media:

92.9 The Game Fall 2023 quarterly ratings:

Long interview with Carl Dukes about his time in TV + radio:

Back
Top Bottom