• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

91X Chris Cantore OUT

Chris Cantore and the morning show OUT at 91X.

Happy New Year!

This stinks, I think that Cantore put on a decent show. Looks like Jen White picked just the right moment to jump off the sinking ship and over to Sophie.

(from afar) Is Phil Manning running 91X now? If so, this figures. Egomaniacal a-hole who rode the trendy mid to late 90's wave of Alternative and fooled people that he actually had a clue. He doesnt. Hopefully Cantore will "land on his feet" but things are tough, especially for people with talent who don't read liner cards or suck up to sales.

the guacamole said:
(from afar) Is Phil Manning running 91X now? If so, this figures. Egomaniacal a-hole who rode the trendy mid to late 90's wave of Alternative and fooled people that he actually had a clue. He doesnt. Hopefully Cantore will "land on his feet" but things are tough, especially for people with talent who don't read liner cards or suck up to sales.

Yes Manning is at the helm. :mad:

Please excuse me while I mourn. I liked Cantore's morning show.

What do you think? Will 91x promote from within or hire outside San Diego? Who would be viable candidates for the job?

slowly all the Glickenhaus appointees are missing from Finest City Broadcasting. Cantore's show was a staple ...

Thunderlips said:
What do you think? Will 91x promote from within or hire outside San Diego? Who would be viable candidates for the job?

There was a rumor about adam carolla. manning says he is looking for someone promotions oriented.

hamNcheese said:
manning says he is looking for someone promotions oriented.

Wonder if even Manning knows what the heck that means ????????????

Is he looking for stunts on the morning show, someone who will do nightclub gigs for free, someone who will drive around in the promotions truck after finishing his morning shift? NOBODY listens to a radio program because the host is "promotions oriented." They listen because the host is entertaining or because the station has a compelling format and the hosts just shut up and play the music.

He is not going to find someone from outside the market who is going to come in and be a San Diego radio star - don't think that's ever happened (at least not until they've been in the market for a year or two).

I think Cantore is yet another victim of radio's modern day tendency to protect management jobs at all costs and blame bad programming on the jocks. San Diego is not alone in having more than one alleged programmer who keep their jobs even as their stations
go through one failure after another.

I'm sure the folks who put up the money for FCB to take over the three stations are feeling better knowing Cantore's gone :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom