• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

5 Radio stations silent in Waco?

Does anyone know what’s going on with 93.9, 99.3, 101.3, 104.9, and 107.3? I got back home today and turned on my radio to 101.3 and it’s silent, and so I checked the sister stations and they’re all silent too, for a little bit I heard kicker country on 101.3 but it’s back to silent now. I can only assume something happened at the studios with their data link that sends the audio to their transmitter by mc lane stadium

Does anyone know what’s going on with 93.9, 99.3, 101.3, 104.9, and 107.3? I got back home today and turned on my radio to 101.3 and it’s silent, and so I checked the sister stations and they’re all silent too, for a little bit I heard kicker country on 101.3 but it’s back to silent now. I can only assume something happened at the studios with their data link that sends the audio to their transmitter by mc lane stadium
All of those stations share the same tower, so I would guess it is probably something related to electricity at the site or the tower transmitter building itself.

All of those stations share the same tower, so I would guess it is probably something related to electricity at the site or the tower transmitter building itself.
Well yeah I could see that but the tower is still broadcasting, it’s just dead air and every now and then kicker country comes on for a bit on 101.3 only then goes back to dead air.

Well yeah I could see that but the tower is still broadcasting, it’s just dead air and every now and then kicker country comes on for a bit on 101.3 only then goes back to dead air.
Hmm… maybe it is an STL problem then.

Are the M&M stations not at this location on the air and broadcasting normally? 1660, 92.9, and 1590?

Hmm… maybe it is an STL problem then.

Are the M&M stations not at this location on the air and broadcasting normally? 1660, 92.9, and 1590?
i havent checked the AM side but 92.9 is still broadcasting as normal, i wonder if its only the data link to the mc lane transmitter

Ok so update: 104.9 is back up as kicker country of course, now just 99.3, 101.3, and 107.3 are left still silent, I guess it’s the waiting game for us.
When you first reported these outages, was 92.3 on?

92.3 simulcasts 1660, whose site is just down the road. They likely feed the audio to both stations separately from the others.

When you first reported these outages, was 92.3 on?

92.3 simulcasts 1660, whose site is just down the road. They likely feed the audio to both stations separately from the others.
Actually I think it was on too come to think of it, yeah it was on, just the aforementioned frequencies were just dead air

They apparently want us to join them in getting naked while the recovery is ongoing.

Gary Moss, what a card.
I’m beginning to really dislike this guy like perfect example of how to not care about your listeners though like it’s been aforementioned in other threads he’s always looking to sell his stations

I’m beginning to really dislike this guy like perfect example of how to not care about your listeners though like it’s been aforementioned in other threads he’s always looking to sell his stations
You really want to get steamed, Dan?

One of the oldest facilities in Texas, WACO, is no longer IN your stomping grounds of Waco. The decades long home for country (and western) music in Central Texas, Dan. Instead, it now resides up near Fort Worth, licensed to Burleson, sporting the legendary calls associated with Cleburne, and off the air fairly often which serves nobody. He gave that particular ball a massive shove to get it rolling back around the turn of the century.

I can only imagine what 1460 would be up to today, if it were still licensed in McLennan County, but I doubt it would be any worse off than the current state of affairs.

Gary Moss isn't a bad guy really. He's just looking to deposit more in the bank than he withdraws, which is something to which all of us can relate.

You really want to get steamed, Dan?

One of the oldest facilities in Texas, WACO, is no longer IN your stomping grounds of Waco. The decades long home for country (and western) music in Central Texas, Dan. Instead, it now resides up near Fort Worth, licensed to Burleson, sporting the legendary calls associated with Cleburne, and off the air fairly often which serves nobody. He gave that particular ball a massive shove to get it rolling back around the turn of the century.

I can only imagine what 1460 would be up to today, if it were still licensed in McLennan County, but I doubt it would be any worse off than the current state of affairs.

Gary Moss isn't a bad guy really. He's just looking to deposit more in the bank than he withdraws, which is something to which all of us can relate.
wow i didnt know that 1460 was originally a waco station, how interesting

Gary Moss also owned 92.5 KBEY Marble Falls at the time it was moved to 103.9 (with no other facilities change) so an austin station could upgrade. he sold the station in 2005/6 to the people who still own it now

Gary Moss also owned 92.5 KBEY Marble Falls at the time it was moved to 103.9 (with no other facilities change) so an austin station could upgrade. he sold the station in 2005/6 to the people who still own it now
Yeah I remember seeing that, I didn’t know he owned that station back then

Yeah I remember seeing that, I didn’t know he owned that station back then
I interviewed for a job there back then with a female manager and i always do my research on where im applying and remember it was him.

Back
Top Bottom