• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

1090 WILD-AM Finally Now Has A "MY SPACE" Webpage!!

DeMarco35

Inactive
Inactive User
Well, I gotta admit! Seeing was believing and very professional. Somebody or somebodies don't wanna let go of 1090 WILD-AM. Afterall, they been around for over 50 years; and yes, it's hard to let go 'cause the majority in the African-American/Boston community has grown up on "ILD."

It was "Radio One/Syndication One" affiliations of "Tom Joyner, Warren Ballentine and The Al Sharpton Shows" is what's saving WILD-AM from going out of business. Their FCC license expires and up for renewal in 2014.

Touch fm is walking for power in March to get an FCC license and a better 50,000 watts FM signal. If it wasn't for the Radio One affiliation, Touch 106.1 FM would had own the whole entire of WILD listeners, but "Radio One" right now is their life support and hopefully for a very longtime.... If WILD general manager, Rick Anderson plays his cards right.

But anyways....
What took the committed loyal listeners of "WILD-AM" such a long time to put out a MySpace webpage? Looks like some of them from the communities of "Roxbury, Dorchester and Mattapan" still not feelin' Touch FM, with some of the untruth told by, and protecting the guilty parties of City Councilor Chuck Turner and former State Senator Diane Wilkerson.

So it looks like WILD-AM has now stepped up to the plate. Thank God!!! Warren Ballentine is bringing his show to Boston in February of '09, and the loyals of WILD listeners will come out in support just to go greet, sitdown, meet and talk to Warren. "I agree with that!"

Now, let's see if somebody or somebodies will buy the radio station of "ILD", keep the "Radio One Affiliate" in Boston and make 1090AM what it "WAS" and not what's left of it.

If someone does buy 1090AM, whether an insider or an outsider of Boston, could we be seeing a "WWE RAW vs. WCW NITRO" black radio station war version of "TOUCH vs. WILD?" Just to see who will get bigger ratings to remain on these black radio airwaves? :eek: Stay Tuned!!!

A reminder...
"Touch 106.1 In the Morning!" (Pirate/Independent) 200,000 Listeners (of Roxbury, Dorchester & Mattapan), 5,000 Listeners Online
"Ramiro and Pebbles Morning Show!" (Jamn' 94.5FM/Clear Channel) 8 Million Listeners, Including Online
"Tom Joyner Morning Show!" (Radio One) 8 Million Listeners, Including Online
"Warren Ballentine Show!" (Radio One) 3 to 8 Million Listeners, Including Online
"Keepin' It Real with Al Sharpton!" (Radio One) 3 to 8 Million Listeners, Including Online
"Hot 97.1FM" A regular morning show or "The Russ Parr Morning Show?" (currently reaching 3 to 8 million listeners online) We'll See!!

Any Predictions on future black/urban Boston radio ???

http://MySpace.com/1090wildam

Radio One is keeping them alive? The reason they went down the drain was BECAUSE of Radio One. I used to listen to them a lot - the Saturday morning show was the best. And when you had the right radio and heard them in AM Stereo you were really blown away by the sound quality.

They can walk from here to the Moon, they've disqualified themselves as a licensee by being a pirate. Not that there's an open frequency with 100 miles (or more) of Boston for even a Class A let alone a B.

PS- if you really think Ramiro and Pebbles or ANY Boston radio show can get 8 million listeners you are in fantasyland.

DeMarco35 said:
Touch fm is walking for power in March to get an FCC license and a better 50,000 watts FM signal. If it wasn't for the Radio One affiliation, Touch 106.1 FM

Jamn' reaches up to 8 Million worldwide and online. Not just here in Boston, Masaachusetts and up in New Hampshire. HELL NO!!! Now way in hell Jamn' could get listeners of 8 million in just Boston and the New England area. Yeah, Boston/Massachusetts and the New Hamphshire alone, that is living in a fantasyland.

Besides, Jamn 945 ain't all that good till after 8 O'Clock PM, playing different music that we don't hear during the day except playing the same songs over and over every hour.

NHRadio said:
Bull. Please state some facts to back up your claim.

DeMarco35 said:
Jamn' reaches up to 8 Million worldwide and online.
Jamn' used to claim that in there old liner . 'We reach 4 state's , and over 8 million people, Jamn 94.5".

spt87 said:
Radio One is keeping them alive? The reason they went down the drain was BECAUSE of Radio One. I used to listen to them a lot - the Saturday morning show was the best. And when you had the right radio and heard them in AM Stereo you were really blown away by the sound quality.
Your right about that ! Radio One Trash this used to be great station .

Oh well...if Jamn said so it MUST be true.
8 million people? Maybe over the space of 5 years...

rapking said:
DeMarco35 said:
Jamn' reaches up to 8 Million worldwide and online.
Jamn' used to claim that in there old liner . 'We reach 4 state's , and over 8 million people, Jamn 94.5".
[/quote]

OK! NH Radio, I'll give you some facts about Jamn' 945. Don't get me wrong, I love Ramiro and Pebbles; and yes, some of the same Hip-Hop & R&B songs are played every freakin' hour during the day, you can't deny that; which Ramiro has no control over that. Why? Because of the Jamn' 945 affiliation of Clear Channel. They decides what Ramiro and others should play and what not to play on the air in the morning and during the day. That's #1.

#2. It was Ramiro himself that said it from out of his own mouth several times on his morning show within the years. Now, I don't know how true that is about the 8 million listeners, but that's how radio stations today like Jamn' (Run by Clear Channel) will do anything to gain morning show ratings to their radio station; and it has worked, believe it or not, and doing one good hell of a job getting those 8 million people that listens to 945 throughout the years.

#3. If you tune on Sundays, Jamn' is a whole lot different with these Clear Channel affiliates of other Hip-Hop evening shows in Boston, broadcasting from New York on Jamn'. Then around 10:30-11:00pm till midnight is "The LaunchPad" representin' local Boston music of Hip-Hop & R&B; and after midnight it's Reggaeton representin' Latin music.
Just wanna clearify that!

For RapKing: As for "ILD", I say within 5 years or before their FCC radio license gets expired and a possible renewal in 2014, somebody gotta bring back WILD on how it WAS. General Manager Rick Anderson of "ILD" has only 6 to 7 employees down in Quincy. That's not good! Rick needs to start advertising WILD and say "We need a buyer whether an insider or outsider and revive the "ILD" radio station."
Do you think Radio One will renew it's FCC License to continue to run WILD in 2014, or just call it quits and let it just be Touch, Jamn and the upcoming Hot97?

And, RapKing, just for the curiousity, What is it you got against Radio One? Is it because of Tom Joyner, Warren Ballentine and Al Sharpton? 'Cause as far as I'm concern, them three brothers do care as much for Black people as Touch FM (as they claim). They're fighting for the same people of African-Americans just like what Touch is doing (as they claim).

Warren Ballentine is coming to Boston in February, and I'm gonna talk to him about Black Boston and the Urban Radio Stations. Are you also gonna meet him and tell him about Radio One on how you think the affiliation with WILD was destroyed? I'm sure he don't mind discussing those kinds of issues. That's why we always say, we can always disagree without being disagreeable.

I ain't sayin' this in a mean attitude way; I'm just saying, Warren is understandable if you just explain to him why Radio One should go, when he does come to Boston. That's all I'm saying!
He loves to hear everybody's opinion. No matter how good or bad the comments and opinions may be.

P.S. "WILD" is the reason why Warren got Truthfighters singing up on his website and listening to his program through "ILD." The Odom Family went on Warren's show to talk about the senseless violent lost of their son, 13 year old Steve Odom, Not Touch FM. That ain't no lie, It's on YouTube!

And people from Boston are still calling in to the Radio One shows of Tom Joyner, Warren and Sharpton through "WILD." And Yes, "WILD" is hard to let go now-a-days, after being around for 50 years.

No one is denying the popularity of Jamn's morning show.
Just because Ramiro says 8 million people doesn't mean it's true. Maybe if you added up the whole audience since the show started it might be accurate.
Also, to the best of my knowledge Clear Channel does NOT use national playlists. Jamn and Kiss are programmed at the station level as far as I know.
Demarco...Why do you continue to make these wild statements that anyone who's been in Radio for more than 5 minutes can see right through?
Seriously, I'd love to have a discussion with you but as long as you throw wildly inaccurate info around it won't work.

That means Jamn's coverage area has 8 million people in it. It doesn't mean 8 million people are listening.

[/quote]

DeMarco35 said:
OK! NH Radio, I'll give you some facts about Jamn' 945. Don't get me wrong, I love Ramiro and Pebbles; and yes, some of the same Hip-Hop & R&B songs are played every freakin' hour during the day, you can't deny that; which Ramiro has no control over that. Why? Because of the Jamn' 945 affiliation of Clear Channel. They decides what Ramiro and others should play and what not to play on the air in the morning and during the day. That's #1.

#2. It was Ramiro himself that said it from out of his own mouth several times on his morning show within the years. Now, I don't know how true that is about the 8 million listeners, but that's how radio stations today like Jamn' (Run by Clear Channel) will do anything to gain morning show ratings to their radio station; and it has worked, believe it or not, and doing one good hell of a job getting those 8 million people that listens to 945 throughout the years.

#3. If you tune on Sundays, Jamn' is a whole lot different with these Clear Channel affiliates of other Hip-Hop evening shows in Boston, broadcasting from New York on Jamn'. Then around 10:30-11:00pm till midnight is "The LaunchPad" representin' local Boston music of Hip-Hop & R&B; and after midnight it's Reggaeton representin' Latin music.
Just wanna clearify that!

For RapKing: As for "ILD", I say within 5 years or before their FCC radio license gets expired and a possible renewal in 2014, somebody gotta bring back WILD on how it WAS. General Manager Rick Anderson of "ILD" has only 6 to 7 employees down in Quincy. That's not good! Rick needs to start advertising WILD and say "We need a buyer whether an insider or outsider and revive the "ILD" radio station."
Do you think Radio One will renew it's FCC License to continue to run WILD in 2014, or just call it quits and let it just be Touch, Jamn and the upcoming Hot97?

And, RapKing, just for the curiousity, What is it you got against Radio One? Is it because of Tom Joyner, Warren Ballentine and Al Sharpton? 'Cause as far as I'm concern, them three brothers do care as much for Black people as Touch FM (as they claim). They're fighting for the same people of African-Americans just like what Touch is doing (as they claim).

Warren Ballentine is coming to Boston in February, and I'm gonna talk to him about Black Boston and the Urban Radio Stations. Are you also gonna meet him and tell him about Radio One on how you think the affiliation with WILD was destroyed? I'm sure he don't mind discussing those kinds of issues. That's why we always say, we can always disagree without being disagreeable.

I ain't sayin' this in a mean attitude way; I'm just saying, Warren is understandable if you just explain to him why Radio One should go, when he does come to Boston. That's all I'm saying!
He loves to hear everybody's opinion. No matter how good or bad the comments and opinions may be.

P.S. "WILD" is the reason why Warren got Truthfighters singing up on his website and listening to his program through "ILD." The Odom Family went on Warren's show to talk about the senseless violent lost of their son, 13 year old Steve Odom, Not Touch FM. That ain't no lie, It's on YouTube!

And people from Boston are still calling in to the Radio One shows of Tom Joyner, Warren and Sharpton through "WILD." And Yes, "WILD" is hard to let go now-a-days, after being around for 50 years.
My ploblem with Radio One ? They purchase a Great Urban A/C station ( 1090 ) and then trash it . The only game in town ( Only Urban A/C format in Boston ) and Radio One Fumble the ball . 1090 right now is GARBAGE . Where is the local shows on 1090 ? No local D J's ! No local information ! Only Racist National Black Talk Shows ( Al Sharpton )and a music tape are on Radio One 1090 . When I want to know what good events going on in Roxbury, Dochester and Mattapan ( Black Neighborhoods ), I pick up The Boston Phoenix ( or listen to Touch-FM if I am in the City ). Its a Damn Shame, when a Rock station Newspaper has way more local soul than a so-called black owned station 1090. The Old Nash 1090 was not only a Great music station, Nash 1090 was a Great News and Inforamation station about what is going on around The Boston area . Why do I have a feeling that Warren Ballentine is coming to Boston to get paid ( nothing wrong with that )? And Mr Ballentine coming here has nothing to do with WILD-1090 ? If someone offer me a free plane ride, a 5 star Hotel room, and some cash in my packet just to hear me speak , I am there .

I remember back in year 1990 when The Nash-1090 stop the music and told all Boston Residents to come to The Northeastern Mathews Arena to talk about the Aftermath of Racist Murderer Charles Stuart and how we can get this city back together. This Event was a live simulcast on 1090 and WRKO . 1090 and WRKO radio personalities was there talking and listening to the People of Boston. It was a great event to get our city together. IF you dont know about Charles Stuart here the Info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Stuart_(murderer)#Events_leading_to_murder . If something major happen in Boston Good or Bad , Will 1090,93.7 or 92.9 ( or any Ipod Jack crap format station ) report it ? NO ! I bet Pirate Touch-FM will report it .

Thank you, Rapking. Most people have too much PC in them and are afraid to call Sharpton and his ilk racists.
To your question if 92.9, 93.7, and similar jockless stations would report something important...it's not their format. Few if any listeners would turn to to WBOS for breakng news because they know what the station is and what it isn't. A 7-11 shouldn't have to carry wallpaper on the off chance 1 person in a million might ask for it.

rapking said:
Only Racist National Black Talk Shows ( Al Sharpton )

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom