• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

"107.1FM" leaning more Hot AC?

C

Curious

Has anyone else noticed that "107.1FM" (WWZY & WBHX) is leaning decidedly more Hot AC recently? I have barely heard anything pre-2000 in recent days. A far cry from the Breeze days.

The 107.1 fm "music is everything" has got to go. It sounds ridiculous. Lack of identity and personalities with personality. I still don't get the appeal of the morning show... why not add a 3rd and call it pork roll, egg and cheese? lol

107.1 is terrible. Bad audio processing, and a bad mix of music. I like '90s music, but there's only so much Boyz II Men and Mariah Carey I can take! And they often play the long album versions of songs, with bad digital compression artifacts -- maybe they're trying to bring back memories of downloading 128 kbps MP3 files from Napster??

107.1 is terrible. Bad audio processing, and a bad mix of music. I like '90s music, but there's only so much Boyz II Men and Mariah Carey I can take! And they often play the long album versions of songs, with bad digital compression artifacts -- maybe they're trying to bring back memories of downloading 128 kbps MP3 files from Napster??

I'm curious as to when you're listening, because I haven't heard them play Boyz II Men or Mariah Carey at ALL recently, and barely ANY 90s music except for whatever "90s on the 9's" contest they're running. Otherwise... it's been almost all 2000-Now in the music selection.

I totally gave up listening to 107.1 a few weeks ago because they were so heavy on '90s music. It must be a recent change for them to drop most pre-2000s music -- and not really a change for the better as far as I'm concerned.

WJRZ should've stuck with AC because by now they would be doing a much better job with the format than "the station formerly known as The Breeze"!

Mediabase still shows a handful of '80s and '90s songs in WWZY's playlist:

ALANIS MORISSETTE - Ironic
BON JOVI - Livin' On A Prayer
BON JOVI - You Give Love A Bad Name
CRANBERRIES - Dreams
DEL AMITRI - Roll To Me
DESTINY'S CHILD - Say My Name
DIGITAL UNDERGROUND - The Humpty Dance (they played this!?)
JOURNEY - Don't Stop Believin'
LENNY KRAVITZ - It Ain't Over 'Til It's Over
NO DOUBT - Don't Speak
NO DOUBT - Just A Girl
RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS - Under The Bridge
SHERYL CROW - All I Wanna Do
SUGAR RAY - Every Morning
SUGAR RAY - Someday
VERVE - Bitter Sweet Symphony

Mediabase still shows a handful of '80s and '90s songs in WWZY's playlist:

ALANIS MORISSETTE - Ironic
BON JOVI - Livin' On A Prayer
BON JOVI - You Give Love A Bad Name
CRANBERRIES - Dreams
DEL AMITRI - Roll To Me
DESTINY'S CHILD - Say My Name
DIGITAL UNDERGROUND - The Humpty Dance (they played this!?)
JOURNEY - Don't Stop Believin'
LENNY KRAVITZ - It Ain't Over 'Til It's Over
NO DOUBT - Don't Speak
NO DOUBT - Just A Girl
RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS - Under The Bridge
SHERYL CROW - All I Wanna Do
SUGAR RAY - Every Morning
SUGAR RAY - Someday
VERVE - Bitter Sweet Symphony

They DO play some 90s with whatever contest they're running... and I think they sprinkle some in during the day, but not much.

Humpty Dance? Do they still do danceish music on Saturday nights? I don't see it on their website

I totally gave up listening to 107.1 a few weeks ago because they were so heavy on '90s music. It must be a recent change for them to drop most pre-2000s music -- and not really a change for the better as far as I'm concerned.

WJRZ should've stuck with AC because by now they would be doing a much better job with the format than "the station formerly known as The Breeze"!

How do you figure that WJRZ should have stayed AC with the oversaturation of AC stations already in the market? WJRZ is doing what the "Breeze" USED to do so I'm sure those at WJRZ are thrilled that they have switched to a format that is covered by at least 4 other stations in it's listening range.

WJRZ is doing what the "Breeze" USED to do so I'm sure those at WJRZ are thrilled that they have switched to a format that is covered by at least 4 other stations in it's listening range.

The Breeze used to be an AC/Classic Hits hybrid, playing music from the 1960s through 2000s. They were not exclusively a Classic Hits ('60s-'80s only) station like WJRZ is now.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom