• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

1060 WLNO

It's been several years since I've been to New Orleans. What's going on with the former WNOE? (WLNO) I see there's only 1 tower left at the transmitter site, and new home construction adjacent to the property. I'm way out of the loop on this. Did the site sustain damage in a previous storm, is the station slowly being nudged off the property, one stick at a time?

1060 had a great daytime signal. It was easily heard on the west coast of Florida during the day. I was a big fan of the AOR format back in the day... even on AM.

Is WLNO operating under STA?

Last STA expired in October, 2021 - license renewal from 2020 is still pending. The latest licensee and technical consultant have a history with the FCC. I don't recall hearing it on the air when I was in NOLA a few weeks ago.

It's a shame, because the day pattern only requires 2 towers. I happen to have a spare disassembled AM tower that I don't need or want.

But yes, I know, AM is on life support, etc etc.

I wonder if the current licensee owns the transmitter site?

It's a shame, because the day pattern only requires 2 towers. I happen to have a spare disassembled AM tower that I don't need or want.

But yes, I know, AM is on life support, etc etc.

I wonder if the current licensee owns the transmitter site?
I read through some of the filings and it looked like they lost use of the existing property.

It's been off air for a while and they had trouble before the towers to keep 50kw after Clear Channel sold it off if I remember.

Back
Top Bottom