• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

106.7 gets a new format - for now 106.7 Needs Help

Tig1150

Inactive
Inactive User
http://www.1067needshelp.com/main.htmlNew radio station on the way 2pm ETWe appreciate your help and interest in building this new radio station. This radio station is ALL ABOUT YOU, the listener, so we need YOU to tell us how it should be! To participate now, create a 1067needshelp.com creator account and you can begin giving us your input. Thanks in advance for your help and creative feedback! It's all about you... take control.... It's your station!!!!

Did anyone happen to get the Drive sign-off???When's the new format suppose to be on-air?

106.7 Needs Help

They need help OK. This thing is AWFUL. Dave FM already has the VH position (such that it is), so I'd chalk this up as a stunt and stay tuned to see what they'll really do. I give them credit for at least making some noise and trying to create a buzz.

I think you mean Doug FM. But Doug isn't really that great. It's a decent listen, but it's not very entertaining. If 106.7 actually goes all-request all the time, they'd probably kill Doug in one book.

106.7 Needs Help

DUH on me- I always mix Doug w/Dave in Atlanta. Shows how much I actually listen. ::)

Don't be fooled... Clear Channel knows exactly what they're going to do with this station. Meantime, it does sound cool for now, and they are generating quite a good buzz.

Every few hours I'll hop online to see the list of songs for that hour. I think its obvious they are going country. When they first began stunting, you saw a good mix of different music genres, but I'm glancing at this particular hour and half the songs are country.

That monicker has alternative written all over it...something similar to the Buzz in Houston maybe? www.thebuzz.comIs there really a demand for that type of format in Detroit though? Doesn't seem like 89x is bringing in great numbers.

106.7 Needs Help

that could be a big front, just to get the competition sweating. Don't see room for that format here (or in many markets around the country, at this point).

They registered 1067thebuzz.com a few years ago when they stunted from "Alice" to "Drive." It doesn't mean anything.

They went Country at 3 pm. Now they want people to go to 1067needhelp.com and help them pick a name. They were Country for about 20 years in the 80' and 90's as W4Country. Now they will be Detroit's second countrystation completing with the well programmed and high rated WYCD.

106.7 Needs Help

and this could be a great battle, too. 99.5's on a good roll right now, so let the games begin! We've always had great radio battles (perhaps none better than RIF, W4 and Wheels at each others' throats. THAT was classic.Been trying to think of a name. None of the listener suggestions (so far) have been that great. I'm betting they already have one but it's a good way to get the audience involved. (now, if the Pistons can just get a win tonight!!!) :eek:

They already know what the name is going to be...don't kid yourself. It will be W4 and they want it to look like they are picking it by choice.

Right now I have on W4 Country 106.7, W4 now that name sounds 100 times worse then the CW. I vote for the name of the station to be Kicks 106-7.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom