• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

103.9 WPDI is now "EZ-Does-It Radio" (Soft AC)!?

Either someone is playing a joke on them, their STL got screwed up, or they suddenly changed format... 103.9 WPDI, usually an Indian music station, right now is playing Soft AC music with liners saying "Easy Does It Radio". I heard Phil Collins - "Another Day In Paradise" followed by some female singer covering Simon & Garfunkel's "Bridge Over Troubled Water".

Someone or something must have hijacked WPDI's STL, because on Radio Asia's web site they're still streaming their usual Indian music, but on 103.9 FM, I'm hearing Shania Twain - "You're Still The One". They're simulcasting the web stream of ezdoesitradio.com.

Last edited:
I noticed that last week and thought maybe there was a station issue. Since they're also on wprb 103.3 hd2 maybe there was an issue since I believe they rebroadcast their hd2 stream on 103.9. Also, there was never a legal ID announced in the 6 hours I listened on 11/7. I'm sure it was the same way until they fixed it. I wonder if it's worth advising the FCC... The RDS was interesting though. A mix of "radio Asia we put Des in per Des" "wpdi fm" and then the ez does it radio song title and artist.

Kinda wish it stayed around. Wasn't a bad mix of music that night.

The curious thing is, during the "EZ-Does-It Radio" prank (if you want to call it that), WPDI's signal was loud and clear up here in northern Somerset County... but now that they're back to normal programming, I can barely pick them up.

Considering that WPDI is run by the same folks who were known to operate the 89.3 WCNJ/WDDM transmitter far in excess of its FCC-licensed power, I wouldn't be surprised if whomever was in charge of the prank decided to crank up the power on 103.9 as well.

Or maybe the ghost of Sal Anthony was at the controls that night!

Funny you mentioned that... I was getting the station too clear in Atlantic Highlands were normally WFAS can be picked up faintly.

Ahh the ghost of Sal Anthony... I'm sure he's spinning those oldies on Solid Gold CNJ sonewhere up there in heaven.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom