• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

102.5 Jack FM

I recently unsubscibed from Sirius radio and now only have regular FM radio in my car. 102.5 is a preset for me because we have a shortage of radio here. 102.5 is a station or translator here, pulls about a 1.5 share owned by Cumulus. This market is so dominated by KCMO and KCFX makes me sick. Cume-less definitely have a a solid grip on this market.

It's a translator, it's location and power make it a good one. Jack is sister stations with KCMO and they use KCMO's HD2.

This market is so dominated by KCMO and KCFX makes me sick. Cume-less definitely have a a solid grip on this market.
If those were dominant stations (which they are not with just a combined 16 share 12+), then that would mean that people like them and listen a lot. Popular? Yes. Dominant? NO!

Cumulus has an average of 21% of the AQH listening. Audacy had 38% and MGTF has 27%. So Cumulus has a nice share, but has nowhere as strong a cluster as those other two major operators.

NGTF is Steel City Media, for anyone not aware. They're based in Pittsburgh.

Maybe some of the non-counted listeners go to Carter Broadcast Group, which has Hot 103 Jamz KPRS.

If those were dominant stations (which they are not with just a combined 16 share 12+), then that would mean that people like them and listen a lot. Popular? Yes. Dominant? NO!

Cumulus has an average of 21% of the AQH listening. Audacy had 38% and MGTF has 27%. So Cumulus has a nice share, but has nowhere as strong a cluster as those other two major operators.
You're missing my point. Cumulus had Jack FM on 105.1 before dumping it on the 102.5 translator. KCMO was cannibalizing itself. Can they still sell Jack? Yes. Is it hurting sister KCMO which runs 10 minute stopsets? Not much.

Maybe some of the non-counted listeners go to Carter Broadcast Group, which has Hot 103 Jamz KPRS.
What are "non-counted listeners"?

This market is so dominated by KCMO and KCFX makes me sick. Cume-less definitely have a a solid grip on this market.

I hate to tell you this, but KCMO-FM and KCFX are great stations. Granted, they may be run on the cheap, but most of their personalities have longstanding ties to KC (even though a handful are tracked from elsewhere). Both are musically spot-on, and are run extremely well. Did you notice how losing the Chiefs didn’t hurt the Fox? There are reasons for that.

I don’t know what it’s like now, but the revenue in the market used to be pretty evenly split with Cumulus, Steel City, and Audacy doing similarly, and Carter got the lion's share of the rest.

The percentages you gave didn't add up to 100, but 86 instead.
The rest goes to the smaller groups and single station operators as well as non-commercial stations. I just listed the largest groups. Those are not "uncounted"... it's just that I did not mention them as in the present discussion, their market share is irrelevant.

KMJK isn't bad. Like 90.9 The Bridge KTBG it's signal is staticky in much of the metro due to both stations being rimshot signals. Luckily both have online streaming.

Is it just me or is Jack FM playing more music from the early 2000s? Modernizing a bit from the sound of it. I remember a lot of these from when I was a kid, 9, 10, 11, etc.
Like P!nk's "Get the Party Started", had the CD when I was 9 or so. LOL.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom