• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

102.1 WUCL in Meridian

Does anyone know any more info on their current status? Heard on another forum that they silent. Poster said he looked on their FCC fine and they were going to slient because of financial reasons. Another casualty of the economy or what???

It is a long, drawn-out dramatic story that I will not dare to go into... but yes financial reasons would be a good summation. Not sure what they're going to do with it. Personally I think they should donate it to the broadcasting program at Meridian Community College but that's just me.

That's a New South station, right? They recently took 780-AM Jackson off the air a few months ago. I wonder if this is a tell-tale signs of things. And not that I would've wanted it to happen this way, but four country stations in Meridian is a bit too much. I know it probably sells way over there, but still. I love sports talk, but even the four here in Jackson is too much as well.

signed off August 31, 2009 as Classic Country.

signed on August 2, 2010 as News/Talk (simulcasting with sister station, WALT-AM).

Mornings are local, followed by Beck, Gallagher, Hannity, Savage, Humphries and Doyle. Fox is the news network for NewsTalk 102.1.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom