• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

“Sunny Joe” Not on “Fox Oldies”

I was listening to WGNY-FM’s “Fox Oldies” for a little bit today and I heard that “Sunny Joe” is not on “Fox Oldies”, it was a lady and I don’t know her name, and she sounds terrible in middays. So I decided to give up and wind up listening to either Race Taylor on WCBS-FM or WGHQ’s new “Magic 92.5”.

So keep in mind that WGHQ’s “Magic 92.5” is only a year old, and it does a great job playing a variety of oldies, soft AC and they throw a few movie songs from Disney movies and Broadway shows that doesn’t seem to fit the format for example “Part Of Your World” by Jodi Benson from the “Little Mermaid” which is playing on WGHQ’s “Magic 92.5”, and “Happy” by Pharrell Williams which was a song from 2014.

I hope WGHQ is continue to beat WGNY-FM’s “Fox Oldies” which is now part of its competition, and it will go against WKXP’s “Lite-FM” at 94.3 and WRNQ’s “Q92”, and it is all over the place.

Like I said “Fox Oldies” had a woman doing middays but I don’t know the name where she replaced “Sunny Joe”, but I looked up on the WGNY’s website that “Sunny Joe” is still there.

If anyone knows her name, please let me know. And this is why I’m not listening to WGNY-FM’s “Fox Oldies” anymore (except on fill-ins where Bob Miller wasn’t on WBPM where Bob O fills in). I am done! I’m listening to Race Taylor right now on WCBS-FM, and I’m also listening to Ross Britton on weekends on WWZY’s “The Boss” replacing “Sunny Joe”, because Ross Britton is way better than “Sunny Joe”.

And just to keep you updated that Bob O is finally returned to WGNY-FM’s “Fox Oldies” for the first time since 2017 or 2018, because he did mornings, so he decided to move back to middays to where he started, replacing Caroline Barton since I last posted and she sounds horrible, but thankfully she got rid of her and brought Bob O back and he does a great job following “Sunny Joe’s” departure. I don’t know what happened to “Sunny Joe” Allen? Did he go over to another station like WALL, or he will be adding middays to WGHQ’s “Magic 92.5”, but I hope WGHQ needs to add DJ’s to the station like Bill Williams might go to mornings, because 920 AM had Kingston Community Radio, maybe they will add either Bob Johnson or Bob Green to afternoons since I haven’t listened to Bob Green back in the WABY days, and then Bob Johnson to evenings, but I’m not sure if maybe DJ will go over to WGHQ, but I don’t it’s going to happen yet. I wish “Sunny Joe” might be end up going to WALL to do middays. And back to “Fox Oldies”, Van Ritshie is back in mornings following his departure from WALL, and the rest is back to normal once again, but I don’t normally listened to Van Ritshie, but I prefer listening to either Bob Miller on WBPM or Scott Shannon on WCBS-FM since I haven’t been listened to Scott in the last few years. I’ll give it a try.

I’m also listening to Ross Britton on weekends on WWZY’s “The Boss” replacing “Sunny Joe”, because Ross Britton is way better than “Sunny Joe”.
You might prefer Ross Brittan over Sunny Joe but maybe you should do your radio research and put some respect on Sunny Joe's name. He moved to Long Island and can be heard on Oldies 98 there. He's been around for awhile and sounded way better than anybody else on WGNY in my opinion. He worked in New York City at a number of stations. I'm from Philly and ever since he was on Jammin' Gold here I follwed him thanks to streaming radio. I like Bob Miller and Scott Shannon is a radio legend.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom