• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

“Overplayed” songs/artists that you actually like

I am in my late 40s, and no matter how many times I've heard "Alone" by Heart in my lifetime, I will still turn the volume knob on up enough for the people in the next vehicle to enjoy it along with me. At least, I hope they enjoy it! 😅 It's that one song that I will loop in a repeat and listen to it a couple of times in a row.

More recent, I find that I simply can't get enough of "Life is Beautiful" by Sixx: A.M. I mean, there's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.

@fordranger797 I agree! I forgot about White Rabbit in particular, which was another one of those songs I only ever heard once on the radio. I'd hear Somebody To Love once in a great while (I think I only ever heard it on the radio once or twice).

@inari Having generally avoided the Eagles until about 3 years ago, I have to say that they're actually pretty good. I especially like Tequila Sunrise, New Kid In Town, Peaceful Easy Feeling and Witchy Woman, though Hotel California is good too (the first time I heard it beginning to end was actually on an old 45 RPM single I got, allegedly from a defunct AM Top 40 station back east somewhere, which was neat).

c

I can enjoy listening to Billy Joel's "Still Rock and Roll to me" and "Uptown Girl" as often as they get played. There are some Billy Joel songs I don't like at all.
I've been to three different weddings in various communities on Long Island, NY.

Seems like their playlists there include three or four from their hometown boy, Billy. :sneaky:

Have you ever heard 200 drunk New Yorkers singing "Piano Man"? 🎹🎹

I have - hilarious!

"Hey Jude" is #1 again this year on Sirius XM's Beatles channel fan-voted favorites. It is one of my all-time faves! All is well, at least in the Beatles universe!
"Hey Jude" is a seven-minute masterpiece!! And if you get the right sound or master, those trumpets in the "na na na... na na na....." ending portion that doesn't fade out too early, really sound sharp and distinct!

Back
Top Bottom