• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

“Days of our Lives” to move the hourglass to Peacock

The actors and actresses are on a separate contract from the others. Evidently "daytime" doesn't count as acting despite that they have to learn far more lines than prime time and movie actors and actresses. (5 shows every week, year 'round)

Sadly, they are using scabs to write the soap storylines. Although, in my opinion, the storylines have not suffered.

It may be a utterly trashy clickbait story.

The Daily Mail wrote their own article
Jennifer Aniston 'being comforted by Justin Theroux after dad's death'

The NY Post item says their source was the Daily Mail.
The Post took what the Daily Mail said, distorted it, and made it into their own clickbait story which isn't what the original said.

A fact (which the articles don't mention):
Back on February 12, Jennifer posted on instagram that it was her birthday, and posted a photo of her parents. Stephen Nichols posted a comment onto that IG post. He said
"Happy Birthday, Jennifer. Just prepping a Days script which honors your dad, airing in August.
♥️
♥️
"

So obviously Jennifer has known about the tribute for months.
Thank you for this insight, a textbook example of how a news source like the Post (which has sunk this low) will take a couple of lines from the article of a reputable source, exaggerate and sensualize it, not really caring if it hurts the people that are the topic.

This is how and why we have so much fake news and so many unproven rumours that grow out of control like weeds . Always check the source first before reading anything on the internet, and avoid stepping into all the garbage out there

Breaking news: Alarr has been fired!
YES!!! This was the only acceptable outcome. I can only imagine the PR nightmare if he were to stay, From I've read, angry viewers of the show have been flooding Sony with emails, phone calls, demanding his removal, and boycotting the show. It was a when, and not if, regarding getting rid of Allar.

This being a soap, with women as the majority of viewers, it was surprising to find out almost all of the top positions are held by men as producer, directing episodes, running the show, making decisions, and the writing. Not just an improved workplace for DOOL, but for viewers it could mean bringing back favorite characters Allar had gotten rid of. Maybe the acting and storylines will get even better.

And the shakeup continues…
The show tapes months ahead so Albert Alarr was still in charge when all this went down. Hopefully when we get to the point when he's officially gone (on air) we will see some change.

Hopefully the actors and crew feel some relief that he's been gone now for a couple months now.

And the shakeup continues…
The ironic thing is she only agreed to come back for 4 weeks (to film 12 weeks of scenes). Maybe they should have asked her if she wanted to extend her stay but I’m under impression she was only available for 4 weeks. So they recast character to keep character on the canvas. Recasts aren’t that unusual and it’s not like they fired original actress. Twist is the recast will be played by someone who already plays another role! My hunch is they pay less to one actress playing 2 separate roles than they pay 2 different actresses playing 2 different roles.

The ironic thing is she only agreed to come back for 4 weeks (to film 12 weeks of scenes). Maybe they should have asked her if she wanted to extend her stay but I’m under impression she was only available for 4 weeks. So they recast character to keep character on the canvas. Recasts aren’t that unusual and it’s not like they fired original actress. Twist is the recast will be played by someone who already plays another role! My hunch is they pay less to one actress playing 2 separate roles than they pay 2 different actresses playing 2 different roles.
They told her that she was going to film 12 weeks in the 4 weeks she was available and that they had written all 12 weeks of her character and that they knew she could remember lines quickly but then the scripts stopped coming and she asked why she wasn't getting any scripts and they told her that they recasted her.

Instead of her being there for 4 weeks she only filmed 2 weeks and a day.

Back
Top Bottom